Reply To: More muscles?

Wayne24410
Participant
No, we don't have an extra muscle in our calves. You may have misunderstood someone. As much as it's not really acceptable to admit, there are certain physical differences between blacks, whites and Asians that are beyond the obvious (skin color). It's been awhile since I researched it, but as I recall there are some slight skeletal differences -- specifically dealing with the length of the thigh and calves, and length of the forearm and bicep. Additionally, I believe blacks tend to have more 'muscle mass' than whites. When I say 'I believe,' I mean that there were scientific studies done at some point and I read about the findings. But it's been an awful long time since I've read that stuff so I can't direct you to it.

I think those who most object to this information may be blacks and whites who want to emphasize that there are no differences between blacks and whites. But there really are differences besides the obvious. There is currently research being performed to determine the difference in black/white responses to hypertension drugs.

User Detail :  

Name : Wayne24410, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 44, City : Parsippany, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,