More muscles?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Nina
    Participant
    Do African Amercians have an extra muscle in their calves?

User Detail :  

Name : Nina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Clarksville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Security, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Wayne24410
    Participant
    No, we don't have an extra muscle in our calves. You may have misunderstood someone. As much as it's not really acceptable to admit, there are certain physical differences between blacks, whites and Asians that are beyond the obvious (skin color). It's been awhile since I researched it, but as I recall there are some slight skeletal differences -- specifically dealing with the length of the thigh and calves, and length of the forearm and bicep. Additionally, I believe blacks tend to have more 'muscle mass' than whites. When I say 'I believe,' I mean that there were scientific studies done at some point and I read about the findings. But it's been an awful long time since I've read that stuff so I can't direct you to it.

I think those who most object to this information may be blacks and whites who want to emphasize that there are no differences between blacks and whites. But there really are differences besides the obvious. There is currently research being performed to determine the difference in black/white responses to hypertension drugs.

User Detail :  

Name : Wayne24410, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 44, City : Parsippany, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lisa Ellis
    Participant
    I'd have to agree with Wayne-and yes there are differences beyond the obvious. In general, not in all cases, blacks tend to have a greater density of muscle mass than whites, particularly in the buttocks and thigh areas. Take a look at the differences in body mass among black and white athletes who compete within the same sport.

User Detail :  

Name : Lisa Ellis, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 36, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Denying there are differences is stupid. We can all see that there are differences. If we would all just accept it, the world would probably be a better place to live.

User Detail :  

Name : Just-another-guy27055, City : Tokyo, State : NA Country : Japan, 

Al28987
    Participant
    It's common thought in the weightlifting community that white's usually have more mass and black's more definition

User Detail :  

Name : Al28987, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Taoist, Age : 21, City : West Hurley, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Chris M.
    I've heard this too....alledgedly the 'extra muscle' helps African Americans to jump higher. I'm fairly sure this is just a myth. My jump is really NOT that high(average at best). Being a soccer player, my calf looks the same as other soccer players, white, asian,hispanic...whatever. And i've never heard of a spraining or anything of the sort of this 'extra muscle' during any times that ive watched sports center. Ya know? hahaha

User Detail :  

Name : Chris M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 20, City : West Lafayette, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dan25171
    Participant
    The other response on there. I agree where he states that it does seem that black men are naturally more muscular. I believe it has to do with testosterone levels. Even the skinniest black guys I've known and others that have never done a pushup in their life all seem to just have naturally defined or cut muscles.

User Detail :  

Name : Dan25171, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Credit Mgr, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Peter
    Participant
    What do you think we are, animals? There are no differences between blacks and whites besides the obvious and genetics. You don't see me ask you why whites are so pale... Is it non-contagious leprosy?

User Detail :  

Name : Peter, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

jb
    Participant
    dog, white people are gonna think you and animal for the rest of time just like some black people are gonnna think im a lepord for the rest of time. dont let it move you in any way son, we all is people from the same place crying the same tears. next time you see a white boy dont think about the white people that hate you, think about the white people that love you

User Detail :  

Name : jb, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : bridgeton, State : NJ Country : United States, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.