Reply To: Black stars with racist views

Kristina26290
Participant
Do blacks have the history of oppression and violence against other people because of their skin color like whites? Do whites have to constantly live under negative stereotypes that affect, or I should say, make life a bit more difficult for them in society? No. Although I don't agree with the Islamic theory you mentioned in your question, looking at the history of blacks and how they have been tortured by whites in past eras, wouldn't it make sense that they would come to ponder such things? It isn't right to assume anyone is inferior, but at least with blacks I can say the ones that feel that way have reason behind their feelings. Whites, on the other hand, have always been the oppressor. When they preach about inferiority of another race, it isn't because that race actually DID something to them, but rather that they don't like someone looking different from them. I also want to add that Islam isn't the only religion that has inferiority theories. For example, some Christians believe that blacks are inferior because of Ham's sin, which caused him and his generations to be suppressed by his two brothers and their generations. The Bible is also full of references of how the Hebrew people were the chosen ones, while I guess everyone else was dirt.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26290, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class,