Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
ShannonMemberMarriage between two people of different religions – if they chose the religions for themselves and don’t just belong to the religions because their families do – will always cause conflict, no matter what the two religions are. Why? Because for those who are strong in their faith, religion is the basis for the way you look at the world. If two people have different beliefs about the meaning of life and the way to please God, it would be hard to agree on how to live on a day-to-day basis. And living together on a day-to-day basis is what marriage is all about.
User Detail :
Name : Shannon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : York, State : PA, Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,
ShannonMemberI’m a born-again Christian, and I would love to attend a Jewish wedding! Because the Christian faith has its roots in Judaism, I have a great respect for Judaism and its traditions, what little I know about them. I would consider your wedding a learning experience. I will say, however, that I was offended by a ‘Christian’ wedding I attended last year where the bride and groom made a big show about including God in the ceremony when I knew they didn’t include Him in their lives. (They even hid the fact that they were living together from the minister so that they could get married in his church.) I felt like they were making a mockery of beliefs I hold sacred (literally), and I would have felt far more comfortable if they had had a secular wedding in a hotel. If you and your husband are indeed non-religious, you may have a similar response from any devout Jews you invite to your wedding.
User Detail :
Name : Shannon, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : York, State : PA, Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences