Ben S.

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Is anal sex harmful? #14121

    Ben S.
    Member

    In my experience as a sexually active gay man, I have only seldom heard of anal sex being harmful. Trauma can occur when either of the partners wants to penetrate or be penetrated too quickly without relaxing the sphincter. I’ve never heard of anyone suffering Irritable Bowel Syndrome as a result of anal sex, though in theory it could be possible. There are so many possible causes of IBS that it might be hard to pinpoint anal sex as the problem. The only situations I’ve heard of where colostomy bags are necessary are guys who’ve engaged in fisting over a fairly long period. And in those cases they’ve used douching to such a degree (to prepare themselves) that this may be a factor in the lack of bowel control.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Predictable emotional cycles in gay men #18898

    Ben S.
    Member

    I’ve never noticed such cycles in gay men who are bottoms. These cycles are apparently related to womens’ reproductive cycles. Given that gay men who like to ‘bottom’ are no different physically from other men, it seems unlikely such an emotional cycle could exist.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: X-gay Christians #39029

    Ben S.
    Member

    I am not sure about the tone of your initial sentence – ‘deals with other gay Christians…’ If you mean Christians who were formerly homosexual, then I’m not aware of any specific church. I believe the Logos Foundation did start a group for such people in the United States, but the two male leaders fell in love and left. For gay Christians who regard themselves as content with what God has given them in the area of sexuality, there are groups such as the Metropolitan Community Church and Dignity (for gay Catholics). There are many other such groups for other Christian denominations.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Turning yourself on #45108

    Ben S.
    Member

    I suppose that would depend on the individual. I do remember, though, that once in a smoky nightclub, I did spot a fellow I thought was ‘my type’ across the room. He returned my gaze, moved his head when I moved mine, and I really thought I was on to something until I worked out it was a mirror. Drugs are bad, kiddies…

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Murder of 13-year-old in Arkansas #19706

    Ben S.
    Member

    I hadn’t heard that story. The problem the news outlets may have feared was not that the story was less newsworthy, but that it would have set off a round of persecution of a group that is largely a ‘soft target’. A newsworthy issue in the Shepard case was that the victim was killed because of his sexuality. I’m not familiar with the Arkansas case, so the question might be asked whether the accused killed the boy because he was straight. If that wasn’t the case, it might explain why the story didn’t take off as well.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Sexual fluidity #18917

    Ben S.
    Member

    I’ve known many instances of people changing sexual orientation. As other posts suggest, more often the change is from heterosexual to homosexual, reflecting society’s influence in disapproving homosexuality and promoting heterosexuality. But I’ve known many instances of people making their own decision to change from one to the other. A friend of mine decided in his mid-40s that the gay life no longer felt right for him, and he is now married with children. I know many gay men are uncomfortable with this type of story. They have the justified fear that those seeking to change them will point to such examples. The typical mother of a gay man who “never gives up hope” that he will provide her with grandchildren is a case in point.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Hollywood vs. reality #37351

    Ben S.
    Member

    One of the worst films that alleges to portray a gay lifestyle is La Cage Aux Folles, remade even more awfully as The Birdcage. The dated, twittering insincerity and effeminacy of the characters alone should have relegated this hackneyed vehicle to the dustbin. Perhaps it’s a more offensive film for the things it doesn’t say, with Hollywood choosing a trite and sentimental remake in preference to a film that faced up to real gay issues. I know Robin Williams says he likes gay people and gets involved in their issues, but this? It would have been better not to bother.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    in reply to: Australia sexism vs. Canadian Sexism #33105

    Ben S.
    Member

    I’ve dated a Canadian and socialized with many others. They comment that Australian men were more “loud-mouthed” than Canadians when it came to sexist comments. But they also commented that Australian women were pretty vocal as well, especially in making sexist comments about men. English friends have also commented that Australian women tend to be much louder and more independent-minded than women in the United Kingdom and other Western countries.

    User Detail :  

    Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA, Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)