Time to start drafting women?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    I believe the draft law was changed to include females in the beginning of this year...or the end of last. Regardless, it was before September 11th. This brings me to the point that I think people should start reading newspapers.

User Detail :  

Name : Kate Stevens, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Wexford, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Mel
    Participant
    As a woman who is also an Air Force Reservist, I say, call me up. I am ready for any call to duty. I believe that the current system is antiquated and there are many women who would be willing to serve their country if drafted. Although I believe that many people in the general public would be disturbed to hear about female prisoners of war or female casualties. Most people aren't aware but in all previous conflists in the U.S, (as early as the Revolutionary war ) there were female combat casualties. They were called nurses most of the time. People do not realize the involvement of women in past wars. Military women are ready but, is the general public ready?

User Detail :  

Name : Mel, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 26, City : Dover, State : DE Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Yuna24335
    Participant
    I don't believe that ANYONE should be drafted, male or female. I don't think anyone should be compelled to do what they don't want to do but given a lot of information so they can decide for themselves. Besides, people who are forced to do something usually don't do as good of a job.

User Detail :  

Name : Yuna24335, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 18, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

E.K.G.
    Participant
    I recall hearing that Israel requires everyone serve the military after they get their education--women have to serve two years and men a minimum of three. I don't know where I heard it, but I believe its a good idea. I think that a required stint in the military would give America a bit more respect for their freedom and for those who fight to keep it

User Detail :  

Name : E.K.G., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Southern Baptist, Age : 18, City : Columbia, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Amanda31487
    Participant
    I am a woman that was in the military and trust me, I will be re-called before John Q Public.. a draft is a last resort, that means that all eligibale veterans have been recalled. Also, as for women being drafted, it is for the same reason that women were not allowed in war's until the Persian Gulf conflict ( as something more than nurse's) The American people think of women as something that needs to be protected, their mother's, daughter's or sisters. The men feel that they wouldn't be protecting women if they sent them off to war...it is sexist, but would you want your mom or sister to go to war?

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda31487, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 24, City : Bradenton, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Stay at home mom, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.