Gothic clothes bugging my parents

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author

Stefanie
    Participant
    I went through the same phase, i went goth and so did many of my friends, my parents weren't thrilled either and forbade me from wearing black nail polish. Now as a psych major i understand why parents act that way, now that you are deciding what you like and starting to become somewhat autonomous parents start to get angry that they no longer can control you in that way and are afraid you will represent all the negative stereo types that reflect that genre (like you said devil worshiping). Your parents have to understand that this is your way of finding yourself and they shouldn't be tying to stop it, all teenagers go through it (i'm sure your parents did the same thing). Studies show that you'll change your style at least 6 times before you find your self so they should start getting used to it. Try to help them understand that this is just a part of growing up and remind them and ask them questions about there youth so they realize whats going on.

User Detail :  

Name : Stefanie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Agnostic, Age : 20, City : Long Branch, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Waitress, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.