Black women and braids

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bella23339
    Participant
    To guys: How do you feel about the hair extensions (braids) that have become popular with black women? I'm a black woman and have tried wearing them before, probably for a week at the most. They are so hard and scratchy to the touch that I wouldn't dream of trying them again. It makes me wonder how a guy is supposed to get close and snuggle without getting his skin ripped off.

User Detail :  

Name : Bella23339, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Afro-Caribbean, Religion : Christian, Age : 31, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
    Years ago I wore braided extensions, and I didn't have your experience. I bought good-quality hair (perhaps you did not) and had it braided at the top hair braiding salon in New York. They looked and felt wonderful. These days, I wear my own, natural hair. As for guys getting close and snuggling, well, that isn't exactly what's on my mind when it comes to hair care. I prefer people not to touch my hair. It's a bit annoying and intrusive.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Leo22860
    Participant
    I personally do not like them. I like the feel of natural hair, soft and thin.

User Detail :  

Name : Leo22860, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Elizabeth25324
    Participant
    It depends on what style you choose!! There are so many styles that can be beautiful and soft--why don't you try braids with human hair? I have worn long human hair braids for months now, and my good male friend can't keep his hands out of it. Maybe you should poke around some more for different styles or visit a reputable, professional salon for some suggestions.

User Detail :  

Name : Elizabeth25324, Gender : F, Religion : Catholic, Age : 24, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Rosemary B.
    Participant
    I agree with the first persons response. In addition to it being the least expensive ~ it most likely was synthetic hair. I wouldn't try that again, either, if I were you. As synthetic hair causes breakage.

User Detail :  

Name : Rosemary B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Home-Maker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Carmen
    Participant
    i dont wear it, but i see no problem with it!! It can look nice on some people and awful on others!!

User Detail :  

Name : Carmen, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.