Asians and sexual frequency

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Laurie S.
    Is it true that Asians believe that a man should have sex only once every three weeks or so? I'm in a relationship with a Vietnamese gentleman who believes he loses his 'essence' when having an orgasm. He also believes that too much sex makes a man age. Is this true of the whole Vietnamese culture? How about other Asians?

User Detail :  

Name : Laurie S., City : Orange, State : CA Country : United States, 

David
    Participant
    No way. I'm Asian-American (Chinese), and although I cannot speak for him, I can tell you that that certainly is not true for me. Is he a Vietnamese national or a person born and raised in the States?

User Detail :  

Name : David, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian-American, Age : 27, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Law Clerk, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chibi32126
    Participant
    I am an Asian female, and I have never heard of this. You may want to ask him what makes him feel that way - it could be a belief peculiar to him alone.

User Detail :  

Name : Chibi32126, Gender : F, Race : Asian, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, 

Ned
    Participant
    I would think it is incorrect to say that Asian men don't like frequent sex. The high populations in Asian countries prove my point.

User Detail :  

Name : Ned, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Computer Programmer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Celia-A
    Participant
    Whatever reasons/excuses he gives you, they are his reasons/excuses, because this is not a common belief/practice among Asians. If he believes he ages faster when having frequent ejaculations, research actually shows that sex keeps men feeling younger and staying younger.

User Detail :  

Name : Celia-A, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 46, City : Clinton, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : professor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Laurie S.
    Thank you for your response. He was born in Vietnam, and has only been in the US for 8 years. I also asked my female hairdresser about it, and she stated that it was true. . . that the Vietnamese believe that sex ages a man and thus a married couple will only 'indulge' once every 3 or 4 weeks. Well, guess it's an alternative form of birth control!

User Detail :  

Name : Laurie S., City : Orange, State : CA Country : United States, 

Christine32092
    Participant
    I have heard it said--where I'm not sure--that too much sex does age men more quickly. It was a general statement about men, not specifically asian men. Maybe someone with more a medical background has info on this?

User Detail :  

Name : Christine32092, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Melbourne, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Crystal
    I might not be Asian, but I can assure you that not all Asians do that. In fact, I know a couple of Asians who are barely out of the bedroom.

User Detail :  

Name : Crystal, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Tom
    Participant
    This sounds counter-intuitive, defeating the basic fundamentals of human biology -- regardless of race/ethnicity. I suspect there are some underlying or hidden issues that your friends have yet to share with you. Like many other civilizations around the globe, Asian cultures have their own share of interests in human sexuality. For example, the Chinese have had century-old literature on sexuality.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 50, City : Honolulu, State : HI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Sam
    I'm Vietnamese - and I have never heard this from anyone before (not to say that his beliefs may not stem from some historical or superstitious beliefs). I would say that his beliefs are non mainstream though and are probably more attributable to him.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 29, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Education, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.