Anatomy of a question

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Curious-George
    Participant
    Why does it seem that white people usually have thin lips and flat butts?

User Detail :  

Name : Curious-George, Gender : M, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

keimo
    Probably the same reason why most black people have fuller lips and rounder rumps: genetics. Until recently, having a 'booty' was frowned upon. Thank you, J.Lo.

User Detail :  

Name : keimo, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : STUDENT, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

J.B.
    Thank you J-Lo? Are you saying that J-Lo is responsible for the acceptance of the big booty? Did you not know that Anglo women were getting 'butt-lifts' way before J-Lo was even well-known? This reminds me of years ago, when Bo Derek's braids were a sensation among white women. This 'new' craze was attributed to Derek, but we all knew that the women of Africa had been braiding their hair for thousands of years.

User Detail :  

Name : J.B., Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Paralegal, 

Mandy
    Participant
    Ethnic or racial origins do influence our physical characteristics in some ways. I think you'll find some variation between white people from different countries as well. I don't know the anthropological or biological reasons for thin lips and flat buttd, but I'm white and my butt is pretty darn small, so I guess it's true. Then again, my sister has a big ol' booty, so go figure.

User Detail :  

Name : Mandy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Irish, German, Norwegian!, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : clerical, student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

sunny
    Participant
    For the same reason black people usually have fat lips and chicken legs: genetics.

User Detail :  

Name : sunny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Fresno, State : CA Country : United States, 

Andromeda
    Participant
    It's people like Bo Derek and J-Lo who help gain wide acceptance for little things like that, little things that in the end help us learn to accept each other more and appreciate our differences.

User Detail :  

Name : Andromeda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Agnostic, Age : 17, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Alex-A29017
    Participant
    Generally, whites tend to have thinner lips and smaller buttocks, however, there are plenty of exceptions. For example, I'm half Sicilian and have full lips, a trait very common in Mediterranean countries. Many Semitic Caucasians also bear this trait. The majority of U.S. whites are obviously of northern European descent, and typically have thinner lips, smaller buttocks and narrower noses, in addition to fair coloring.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex-A29017, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.