Reply To: African-American children’s names

Sharon
Participant
I cannot believe you've been on this earth 72 years and have never come across a white person with a crazy name. I agree, African-American children sometimes have unusual names, but 'always'? Come on. Do you mean to tell us that you really think that? My name is Sharon. Is that unusual to you? I work for a school district, and I can give you many names of white children that are weird or different. How about Chelc? It's pronounced 'Chelsea.' Yeah, her parents think the spelling is cool. Or how about a boy I know named Hunter Green? You don't come across that every day! People name their children unusual names to be different, or sometimes they don't think the name is weird. But others do. I guess you forgot about Gwyneth Paltrow's baby: Apple. And Demi Moore has daughters named Rumer, Scout and Tallulah. But I suppose those are all regular names, huh?

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, City : Clinton Township, State : MI Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class,