Reply To: What’s wrong with Americans?

Nathan20136
Participant
People posting here are living a delusion. It's easy to say that only a few 'ignorant' Americans are racist (or more simply and fittingly put, 'hateful' ) when you're not one of the people racism is directed at. Fooling yourself into beliveing that only 'ignorant rednecks' are racist just lets you feel superior and comfortable in your ivory tower. Plenty of doctors, lawyers, physicists, politicians and other highly educated people are racists, and you cannot call them ignorant. Sept. 11 didn't bring anybody together, it just tossed one more group on the hate pile. I believe that all of the American majority is racist. It's to a much higher degree in some, and not so apparent in others. Being the whipping post for the majority, minorities think in racist ways, too. I saw a group of Asian men playing basketball this past week. It reminded me of all the commotion that occurs when someone tries to start a midnight basketball program for young blacks, to give them some direction. If a group of blacks play basketball, they're a dangerous gang, but if anyone else does it, it's community bonding.

User Detail :  

Name : Nathan20136, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 35, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : science, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class,