reparations? Why?

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Steve27592
    Participant
    Because the younger generation of all races is generally more lazy and want something for nothing.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27592, City : Baton Rouge, State : LA Country : United States, 

bruce-wayne
    Participant
    it never ceases to amaze me how often people draw these incomplete parallels between slavery and other social injustice, weather its gays or holocaust survivors. for the gentleman who's family was torn apart, i express my deepest gratitude. this same thing happened to black families 10 times over in this country, and continues to happen on an administrative level. my people get justice long after the crime has been commited against us, if we get it at all. i dont want reparations for slavery just yet because i dont think its over. i'm not here to compare ethnic histories to see who got dealt the worst hand but..... don't trivialize the fact that we were genetically bred and altered to fit someone elses idea of a perfect worker. (how would this affect a people even hundreds of years later?) don't trivialize the fact that we've gone from 3/5 of a person to sitting on the back of the bus all in just 100 years, (without white people ever attending counseling afterward) don't trivialize the Rosewood burning or the Oklahoma burning. i commend the gentleman that asked the question because its the beggining of some sort of healing, but i can only suggest that you uncover some of the atrosities that didnt get written in your american history books regarding us in this country.

User Detail :  

Name : bruce-wayne, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 28, City : gotham, State : GA Country : United States, 

Nadiyah
    Participant
    As a younger black person, I can say I don't want anything handed to me 'just because' I'm black, but the dummy question to you is, Wouldn't you want free money, if it was offered?' Regardless of what race, religion, gender, MONEY IS MONEY, and coming from a person who doesn't have much and the fact that it 'was' owed to my ancestors, why not take it if it's being offered/

User Detail :  

Name : Nadiyah, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

W.C.
    There are so many races that have been slaves, from the original indentured servants(most of whom were white), to blacks, to jews, to asians, and god knows how many others... Does that mean that they should all get something in return for forced service and oppression? Sure, black people should get clothes for free cause they picked the cotton, jews should get to live in the pyramids, asians should ride the trains for free. Why cant you just get over it and take that event and try to learn from it? I think knowing that slavery is wrong due to personal experience is the real payment

User Detail :  

Name : W.C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 21, City : Brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

BMarler
    I can only say that I am sick of hearing about the Black/American Slavery issue.Do the black community as a whole believe that they really were the only slaves in america back then?I may be white but my great grandparents were fullblooded native american indians and THEY WERE SLAVES on a Virginia plantation, so you see black america does not have a monopoly on enslavement in America.Get over it already.We cannot be one people, AMERICANS, until everyone just lets the past go and starts living for TODAY.One nation under GOD, indivisible...

User Detail :  

Name : BMarler, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : Miami/Middleburg, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : bartender/manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.