Women and their long showers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Marcel-S
    Participant
    Why do women take so long in the shower? Every woman I have known, without exception, has taken forever in the shower, whereas we men can get in and out of the shower in five minutes. I don't see what takes so long.

User Detail :  

Name : Marcel-S, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 27, City : Paris, State : NA Country : France, Occupation : N/A, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jo
    Participant
    First, grow your hair halfway down your back. Then, every time you shower, wash and condition that hair. Next, shave your legs and pits. Now, scrub your heels with a stiff brush or pumice stone to remove callouses so you won't ruin your stockings. When you're done, let us know how long it took you.

User Detail :  

Name : Jo, Gender : F, Age : 53, City : Ft. Wayne, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Information Technology, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

JerryS
    Participant
    For one thing, most women have longer hair than men and spend more time washing and otherwise fussing with it. Also, women who shave their legs and underarms are likely to do it in the shower. As for me, I'd take long bubble baths if I had my druthers; my wife prefers quick showers.

User Detail :  

Name : JerryS, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Annika
    Participant
    For me, it's because that's where I shave my legs, use conditioners or hot oil treatments on my hair, and let the steam open my pores. Men usually just get in, soap up and rinse off, and get out. Women just have a lot more to do in there to make themselves feel pretty!

User Detail :  

Name : Annika, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lina22936
    Participant
    Not only do women have a lot more hair to work lather into, but it also requires extra time to get rid of unwanted hair. If we didn't spend so much time in the shower, we'd be walking around with hairy legs & armpits. Is that what you want?

User Detail :  

Name : Lina22936, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Palos Hills, State : IL Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Patricia-N
    Participant
    Most women have longer hair than men, which requires more care in the shower and takes longer to rinse out. Most of us also shave our legs and underarms. So you see, these procedures take us longer in the shower. I enjoy taking long showers anyhow, because it feels good.

User Detail :  

Name : Patricia-N, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 29, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

J.D.
    A Frenchman questioning personal hygiene? Talk about perpetuating a stereotype. I am a male and normally take more than a few minutes to shower. I am not at all effeminate. I just have a desire to be thoroughly clean. Perhaps your female friends have good personal hygiene habits or don't care about water conservation or something.

User Detail :  

Name : J.D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Arlington, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Office Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Trudy24922
    Participant
    I can't speak for all women, but my hair is what takes me so long in the shower. I have waist-length hair, and when I wash it, it takes a while.

User Detail :  

Name : Trudy24922, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Chandele19168
    Participant
    One word: shaving.

User Detail :  

Name : Chandele19168, Gender : F, City : Fort Collins, State : CO Country : United States, 

Kristina
    Gosh, this is a very unique question to me, because I never thought I took too 'long' in the shower. I found that I would spend less time in the shower than in the bathtub. For me, taking a bath or a shower is extremely relaxing -- sometimes I do it just to relieve stress, not necessarily to just promote good hygeine (this is especially the case for baths). If I'm bathing, I might be in the tub almost an hour, relaxing as if it were a spa, with the bubbles on, the candles lit, and music playing. So with me and other women, it's a matter of relaxation and self-reflection -- we can get in-tuned with our thoughts better during a long bath or even a shower.

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transcriber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Amanda-L
    Participant
    Why haven't you ever asked any of these women you have known why they take so long in the shower? It seems you have not been on very intimate terms with them. Maybe if you took more time bathing yourself, you would know!

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda-L, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Irit21230
    Participant
    I can only speak for myself: I indeed take hours in the shower, and that's due to the fact that, in addition to the shower itself, I also apply makeup and do my hair, and like to take my time in the morning. Other women I know take 10 minutes in the shower, if not less. So it's really about achieving 'natural' beauty...

User Detail :  

Name : Irit21230, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 30, City : Tel Aviv, State : NA Country : Israel, Occupation : Translator, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Vera
    Participant
    I have very short hair, but I like to take forever in the shower. I just love to feel the water down my body. I don't spend all the time scrubbing or washing myself, I just stand there feeling the water. Sometimes I sit down and just leave the water running. The longest I've stayed in a shower was an hour and 20 minutes. My electricity bills are huge, but I don't care. I take a shower every day (most Brazilians do). Recently I've been trying to cut the time spent in the shower for environmental concerns, so I've installed a bath and take forever in it. It's not the same, but still a very good experience. The advantage is that now I can make more use of the time and read many books. The longest I've stayed in the bathtub was six hours, but usually I take an hour. I always finish the bath with a short shower, though.

User Detail :  

Name : Vera, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 36, City : Brasilia, State : NA Country : Brazil, Occupation : Translator/Language Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kerry
    My husband takes considerably longer than I do in the shower, especially in the morning. About the only time he beats me is at the gym, but that's probably because he doesn't like the shower there like he likes ours at home.

User Detail :  

Name : Kerry, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 32, City : Ventura, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Stagehand, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Ashley23509
    Participant
    Most time it takes me a while because you cant rush shaving your legs or you'll end up in a pool of blood or missing a spot. And of course I have the music on and I'm usully dancing in the shower and I'm not afraid to admit it. But If I really need to I can get in and out in about then ten mins becasue I'll feel gross all day If I dont a least take a fast shower.

User Detail :  

Name : Ashley23509, City : miami, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.