Talking to the hand

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Matt22042
    Participant
    I wasn't there so I cannot account for voice tones, body language and other factors that take a million words to express sufficiently, but it seems to me that your friend is a bit haughty. If she thinks that guy in the store was hitting on her, she obviously thinks she's more beautiful than she is. Some people are just inquisitive. I have a friend who has traveled around the world, and he's a maniac for asking strangers questions like that. As for the bar, well, it's an awkward situation. But being rude to people is not the answer. Why do you go to a bar? Was this fellow in the wrong for doing what people go to a bar to do? She found him undesirable. Does that make him less of a person than she? Does that mean he deserves rudeness? Well, it is certain that those characteristics aren't present with most women, or at least the women I consider dating. But it is apparent, however, that such behavior is often excused and justified when a woman does it, but never when a man does it.

User Detail :  

Name : Matt22042, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : n/a, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Musician/Software Engineering, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Carmen
    Participant
    The problem is that your friend thinks she's the SH#$!!!! All she had to say was Hi! Its women out there who think just because a guy speaks to you or holds a conversation that means he wants a relationship! That is not always the case!!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Carmen, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 19, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

CS31921
    Participant
    On the other hand, I can't count how many times I have been out, just having a good time with my friends and been totally interrupted by some drunken oaf. I'll tell them that they are interupting and all of a sudden I'm getting a bunch of verbal abuse. 'Oh so youre too good for me? B*tch' etc. How is that appropriate? Are we not able to go out with our friends for a good time?

User Detail :  

Name : CS31921, Gender : F, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, 

Carolyn32361
    Participant
    She was rude, but really, so was he. Walking away and ocming back to scream at her? It shocks me how people can be sometimes. I know for me, sometimes I do rude things without realizing it. It's a habit I hate, and it mainly centers around my fear of commiting to a guy. If I don't talk to them, I don't have to get to know them, I don't risk the possiblity of a relationship. She may honestly have not realized she was being so rude. Really,t hough, it's not alright to treat men like this. And it's not alright for men to treat women the same way. Howeve, it's goign to happen with both genders, like it or not.

User Detail :  

Name : Carolyn32361, City : Birmingham, State : AL Country : United States, 

Danny
    Participant
    Actually, I would say that she asked for that assessment of her character, and it was pretty accurate. If a woman doesn't want to be considered a bitch, then she shouldn't act like one.

User Detail :  

Name : Danny, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : asatru, Age : 42, City : carbon hill, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.