I wanna be white

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

M.I.A
    Participant
    I think the thing everyone seems to be forgetting is that 'race' is NOT the colour of your skin or the width of your nose or your height. 'Race' is NOT your body...the fact of the matter is that even if you get rhinoplasty and bleach your skin, you will not be changing your race, you'll only be changing your appearance. You are who you ARE and my advice to you is to take what you like from your CULTURE (not your perception of what other people with the same colour skin as you) and disregard the rest. There is no law, no rule stating that you have to fit into your cultural stereotypes, thank gawd, be who you are, who you want to be and if it would make you feel better to get a nose job and start bleaching your skin, i say give 'er. Only consider first what you are attempting to accomplish.

User Detail :  

Name : M.I.A, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Italian-Irish, Religion : Taoist, Age : 24, City : Grande Prairie, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : waitress, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Ouadim
    Participant
    This is the most hateful, stupid thing I have ever heard. You are comparing race to gender. You are filled with such hate against your race. Why don't you just pretend have Vitiligo like Michael Jackson does, and get your skin dyed white?

User Detail :  

Name : Ouadim, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : Milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Don
    Participant
    If it's psychologically unhealthy for blacks like BlackNoMore to shun their blackness, then can someone please explain to me why 'anti-racist' intellectuals like the ones who run RaceTraitor.org are so intent on having whites shun their whiteness? The Leftists who teach 'Whiteness Studies' in our schools also preach that whites should shun their whiteness because their whiteness is a 'social construct'. Now, I've been reading the responses to BlackNoMore's post, and I have to say it seems like most of the PC Lefties that post here can't decide whether race is just a 'social construct' or whether race does infact matter. Take Harvey's response as an example. First he tries to convince us that race doesn't exist, that we're all humans, that we're all the same and then he finishes the post by clearly stating , 'If I were to be born again, would I want to be black? The answer is yes?' If we're all the same, Harvey, why wouldn't you want to be white, Asian or Amerindian? Can you all imagine how 'racist' and 'arrogant' it would sound if a white man were to say, 'I am so proud of being white and I am so in love with my white features and my 'whiteness' that if I were to be born again, I would want to be WHITE again'? Can you imagine how the folks teaching 'Whiteness Studies' would react to this white man proudly and defiantly embracing his whiteness? The truth is that not only does the Left discourage blacks like BlackNoMore to admire whiteness, but the Left wants whites themselves to never admire their whiteness.

User Detail :  

Name : Don, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bill
    Is it really the color of your skin, or the shape of your nose? If so, I gotta say that you might be overly concerned with the superficial aspects of 'you'. It's not unusual for folks to be discontented with their outward appearance (I know I am!); people with curly hair want straight hair; people with straight hair want curly hair, and on and on... And, many an entrepreneur has made a killing on our vanity/insecurity (call it what you will). But, I sense that this is not the issue for you. Is it possible that what you really want is to escape your immediate situation (this might be socio-economic, cultural or geographic)? You didn't give your age. If you are not yet an independent adult, have faith! Your freedom will come sooner than you ever imagined. If you are an adult, you need a change. You are whoever you believe you are. You are not constrained by your physical being. I know it sounds goofy, but it's true. Get beyond your physical being. Go deep inside. Go far outside. Your body is a vehicle to be used while you're here. Some of us get Lamborghinis, but most of us get Chevies and Fords. And, if you don't like the scenery on this route, try another (but they ain't no shortcuts). Happy life!

User Detail :  

Name : Bill, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 52, City : SAN JOSE, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kevin26336
    Participant
    The problem is that, throughout history, Blacks have been made to feel inferior to every other race. No other race in human history has been as detested, despised or as horribly treated. And it was all on the basis of skin color. Thus, a black person who admittedly wishes he was of another race is viewed by other Blacks as being in fundamental denial of who he is and where he came from on a very basic level, as well as having self-loathing and abhorrence for his own person. Most importantly, it is the most hurtful and damaging of betrayals, because it makes it seem as though - after enduring centuries of slavery, abuse, and being second-class citizens - the racists have been right all along: we really are inferior. After all, everybody wants to be on the winning team; nobody models themselves after losers. As intrigued as I am to be privy to the logic and thought processes that culminated in your desire to be of another race, I will avoid delving into those areas and simply try to respond to your unwritten question, which I construe as you wanting to know how to become white. As government officials explained it to me, no one can tell you what race you are; they can only tell you your ethnic background. In other words, you pick your race, so if you want to be white - *abracadabra!* - you're white! Nevertheless, you will still be of African descent, and that is a fact that will not change. Your post, however, seems to indicate that you want to become white in a more discernible manner - specifically, at the ocular level. There are two basic options: 1) Skin bleaching. This method, however, is usually used to even out skin tones by eliminating dark spots, such as freckles or liver spots. I suppose you could, a la Michael Jackson, do an all-body bleaching, but there can be side-effects. 2) Full-body skin graft, if you can find a donor, find a skillful quack to do the operation (because it is a major undertaking which no rational physician would do purely for cosmetic reasons, even with today's technology) and are comfortable running the risk of tissue rejection (in which case you could possibly end your days working in a carny sideshow next to the Bearded Lady and Bobo the Dog-Faced Boy). I don't know you, so I hesitate to make any judgments, but it seems to me that the core question here is this: Do you really want to be white, or do you really hate being black?

User Detail :  

Name : Kevin26336, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, Age : 35, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

serum6
    Participant
    Regarding your feelings of wanting to be born White, I have to ask first and foremost why? What would you hope to accomplish by changing your race? Do you feel White? The reason I ask is that from my understanding, most people that go through some sort of gender reassignment surgery tend to feel that they actually are of the opposite gender and are trapped in a body that doesn't reflect who they are. BWT, I'm not judging. This is merely a layman's observation, so take it with a grain of salt, but I think one could make an argument that there is a difference between feeling like a man and feeling like a woman. There are both psychological and physiological factors that contribute to our gender roles in life, but do these exist in race? What does it feel like to be White? What does it feel like to be Black? How do we qualify feelings as Black or White (or anything else for that matter), and once we've qualified them, how do we quantify them? Are there feeling that are Whiter than others? Do you wake up in the morning and feel really, really White today; a step up from yesterday when you felt just a little bit White? I'm Hispanic, and I can tell you from my own experience that I've never had the feeling that I was being Hispanic; its just part of who I am. I can't tell you what it feels like to be Hispanic, or how it differs from feeling White or Black because I'm not certain that such feelings exist (I'm not saying they don't, but I don't know that they do). Regarding a "race reassignment surgery", there are a couple points to remember: First of all, race and ethnicity are more complicated than just physical characteristics and traits (genetics). There are many cultural issues that contribute to the way we see ourselves as members of a race and the way we see others who are not a part of it. Regardless of our skin tone, there isn't a surgical procedure in the world that can change our customs, upbringing, etc. A "race reassignment" would only address the former and not the latter. Secondly, in terms of genetics and procreation a "race reassignment surgery" if it were to exist could possibly lighten (or darken depending on the direction one wanted to go) your skin tone and change the texture of your hair, but it would have no effect on the genes you'll pass on to your offspring. Would you then feel that they should have been born White? I wonder how they'd feel about that. - serum6

User Detail :  

Name : serum6, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 28, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

#9Cutie
    Participant
    One: You could get the 'industrial-strength' skin bleaching agents that Michael Jackson used -- you would be white (lower case 'w') but you wouldn't be considered to be White (capital 'W') by most of society; Blackness is a badge of honor by birthright. Two: Your Blackness is who and what you are. Enjoy being Black and be proud to be Black. Be happy that you don't have to spray on color or bake yourself in the sun. And, three: You may want to seek professional counseling or find a quiet time and place and ask yourself some hard questions: - What do you associate with being Black? - What has happened in your life that make you feel the way you do about being Black? - What changes would happen in your life if you were White? - What makes you believe that being White would change your life? - Is there anything preventing you from realizing the same life changes as a Black person? - This is a tough question: Is your wish to change your race really about your ethnicity -- or is it related to something deeper such as your perceptions of 'the real you', i.e., is this truly a race issue or is it a personality or character issue? Even without knowing more about you and your life, your wish to be a 'generic' White person speaks volumes to me about what is really and truly going on inside of you. Your question sounds like it is more about your perceptions about race, yourself, and yourself as a Black person. Take a good look at yourself and I do not mean the Black you, I am talking about the real you inside. You have to like yourself totally, inside and out. You particularly have to like your outside so that you can appreciate all the greatness that is housed within you. Good luck in life.

User Detail :  

Name : #9Cutie, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, 

JDRicks
    Participant
    You're not alone. Look at all of the white people who risk skin cancer to try to be darker. It's human nature to want what we don't have.

User Detail :  

Name : JDRicks, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : crippled (the word doesn't offend me), Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 50, City : Mesa, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : technician, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kay Girard
    I just happened upon this site and I'd like to share my own experiences with this. I too have felt this way my enitre life. I remember my mom telling me that, as a baby, I would scream bloody murder when a dark skinned person picked me up. I finally believe I understand the reason behind this wierd dichotomy. I am a third generation black person. My great grandmother strayed outside her race and ran off with a half breed (Indian/black). No one in the family will say what happened to this unfortunate man, but I will always believe that her family had him killed. She returned home from Oklahoma with this mixed race baby and herself died soon afterwards. Instead of leaving the poor child (my grandmother) on somebody's doorstep,they kept her. She was, however, treated like a virtual slave. She was not allowed to learn to read or write and was made to work as a seamstress and servant in the house. They also referred to her as a nigger. After she was grown and married, she still visited with her family, but had to enter in the back way. As you can tell, they really detested black people, even their own blood. Herein lies the answer to my delimma. People think that genetics only governs physical characteristics. I now understand that you can also be born with the attitudes, predjudices and predispositions of your ancestors. This knowledge has greatly helped me understand myself better. I hope this helps you.

User Detail :  

Name : Kay Girard, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 43, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : postal clerk, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Larry22956
    Participant
    Ok, it seems that everyone focused on the wrong thing, not surprisingly. Once the guy suggested that he wanted to change his race from black to white everyone focused solely on the possibility that he hates himself because he is black which of course is due to our horrible society. His question was not whether he should change his race, but why is it ok to change your gender and not your race. I believe that he was trying to make a point that you should not be able to change your gender. I was actually thinking about this the other day within the framework of if someone wants to change his gender to a female because he truly 'believes' or 'feels' that he is female it is not considered to be a psychological disorder but a choice that is perfectly reasonable in our politically correct society. The reason that I think it may be considered a psychological disorder is that if I believe that I have 20 different personalities residing within myself or if I think that I am Napoleon I would be classified as having a psychological disorder and I should get some help for that. The reason is that I am not Napoleon (all reincarnation discussion aside) nor is the man who wishes to become a woman a woman. Your gender is (for most people) determined and how you 'feel' doesn't change that.

User Detail :  

Name : Larry22956, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : Macon, State : GA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

d. rudel
    Your question is difficult to understand for me, a White in appearance, except in the context of race versus cultural confusion. Race as we understood it until recently in the United States involved entirely different behavioral assumptions about people based on skin color. Today, however, many members of both White and Black races, for whom the boundries of the terms are increasingly very blurred, are exposed to cultural immersion in the opposite group sometimes by virtue of parential success and mixed families. Nevertheless, it apparently is sometimes a social problem for young people, based on comments by a young acquaintance. His solution has been his sense of humor, and continued search for Ms. Right. An example of his humor was his hilarious in-hospital lecture-for-video to my newborn grandaugher on the evils of white men. Some young woman will be very fortunate indeed, considering his considerable talent and secure career. Don't change your appearance. The cost and risks are too great. Change your social contacts, expand your cultural appreciations, and work hardest on your sense of humor.

User Detail :  

Name : d. rudel, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Presbyterian, Age : 63, City : Rockledge, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : ret, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

eric25223
    Participant
    'white' is a state of mind, you can wear what you want, talk how you want, look how you want. when it is all said and done you have to look deep in your eyes and heart and find out who you are. really, being a Christion is more important than anything. I strongly suggest reading a number of african-american 'history' books, do that first and then see if you want to give up on everything your ancestors 'died' for... for you to be free in who you really are. remember in 'roots' when the slave driver was forcing Kunta to say his new name, you have to make your decision too! have you been mentally beaten into submission?

User Detail :  

Name : eric25223, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, 

Hate
    Participant
    Thank you. There is no such thing as race, Praise God.

User Detail :  

Name : Hate, Age : older that i know, City : Vanburge, State : CO Country : Finland, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Neill
    Participant
    It is easy to understand how you can feel disconnected from your supposedly inherent Blackness - that automatic connection a black person is supposed to feel towards their culture, but it is difficult for one to accept or acknowledge their own blackness. A US citizen is inundated with the ideal of whiteness, immersed in the white point of view and truthfully many Black people don't feel Black - there is no inherent Black emotion, feeling or thought. Therefore Blackness is based on two sources of input - how people react to you and how society views you. The people that react to you: parents or teachers for instance can reinforce your positive Black ideal or negatively enforce your Blackness - negative would be to assign inherent goodness to white society and to denigrate black societal contributions: Bach good - rap bad. Society views you: media whether on television and movies is not conducive to a positive Black experience. If a person were trying to understand Black culture based on media - it would be a sad bleak thing. The most interesting view of Blacks is to watch "the Weakest Link" - US version. On a number of viewings I've seen Blacks get voted off based on the perception that they were intellectually holding the group back as opposed to the reality - even one time when the Black contestant scored all his answers correctly! Inside our heads we are no more than ourselves - there is no Black self or white self, it is only self -- a collection of experiences. I never wake up in the morning feeling Black, but sometime during the day someone will remind me that I am not a person - I am a Black person. Admittedly it is somewhat of a shock to remember that I am Black, people reacting to me as if I were a threat: white people afraid to meet my eyes - even at work. Angry white commuters getting ready to holler at a driver, see my gaze, then purposefully avoiding looking in my car. Blackness is not based on musical preference or dress or any of the exterior things that people want to assign to it - it is based on genetics and life experiences.

User Detail :  

Name : Neill, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 39, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Insurance, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Andrew19444
    Participant
    Get off your high horse. If he was a man who thought he should have been born a woman you would be giving him the thumbs up and saying 'more power to you.' Feeling you were born to a different race, religion, gender, ect. Than you were meant is not a sign of self-loathing or hate of anyone else.

User Detail :  

Name : Andrew19444, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.