Gay self-attraction?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jeff
    Participant
    I don't think so - I can't speak on behalf of lesbians, but I think most gay men, like me, would use 'naked-time' in front of the mirror to notice any visible flaws, or the parts of the body that could use some work (surgical, OR work-out).) I do think it's true that a lot of gay men tend to take a strong interest in looking good, and continuing to look good as they age, but then again, so do a lot of straight men. There are always extremes though, so I'm sure it wouldn't be painfully hard to find someone who is turned on by looking at his/her own body in a mirror - perhaps they're stimulated by what they've achieved through exercise or diet. That same exception might explain why some people hang mirrors over their beds (regardless of gay or straight)?

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : Mishawaka, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lynne
    Participant
    I take it this question is based on the idea that as long as it has the right equipment, it must be exciting to look at. The answer is no.

User Detail :  

Name : Lynne, City : Arlington, State : VA Country : United States, 

Zac-C
    Participant
    Well... I certainly don't, but some homosexuals might be that narcissistic.

User Detail :  

Name : Zac-C, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, City : Revelstoke, State : NA Country : Canada, 

MarkM.
    Participant
    Everyone here seems to be generalizing their personal experiences to everyone else! Of course, the majority of gay people, just like straight people, are more critical than admiring of their bodies. But that doesn't mean that auto-eroticism doesn't exist. As I said in my first post, I've been with a number of bodybuilders who absolutely were turned on by the mirror. Those of us with average bodies surely aren't, of course. I've also known straight bodybuilders who get off on the mirror, but not on other men. Are they bi? I don't know. The point is, this is a rare thing that usually happens only to certain people with exceptional bodies. It's certainly not usual for gay people.

User Detail :  

Name : MarkM., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Disability : Blind, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 55, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.