Dating in black and white

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    I'm going to answer each and every one of your foolish responses, okay? So Black women don't want to better themselves and are looking for someone to do for them? Wrong! Colleges and Universities across the country are filled with Black women seeking to further their education. Many of these women parlay that education into lucratives jobs/careers. More Black women than ever are heading up major companies, are partners in law firms, are physicians, professors, etc. And more Black women than ever are purchasing homes. Home ownership among Black women is at an all time high. More and more Black women are starting their own businesses. And while Black women continue to be successful, it is BLACK MEN who do not measure up to our success. While more and more Black women are earning degrees from college, more and more Black men are filling this nation's prison system. And fewer and fewer Black men finish high school, and actually finishing 4 years of college is rare. Black men continue to be stuck in menial, manual labor type jobs, and are not keeping up with the success that Black women are enjoying. Might I suggest you locate a copy of Newsweek Magazine, and read the article which profiles, in detail, the huge gap between black women as respects education and careers. It talks about how Black men are lagging behind in everything from employment to education. As for conversations, I hold conversations with intelligent, attractive Black women everyday, and I don't hear this profanity you speak of. Finally, your comment that 70% of black children are born out of wedlock. Actually that makes a bigger statement about BLACK MEN and their lack responsibility and lack of accountability as respects the children they sire. So Jake, while you're making up lies about Black women, keep what I've said in mind. And remember, while your brethern are lagging behind, we are moving on...without you.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

tara
    Participant
    i am a black women. I dont straighten my hair to make it look whiter, i dont know why you would think that, its just more manageable. Thats like me saying white women, tan, get botox injections in their lips, get butt implants, speak like christina aguleria(i cant spell her name), to be blacker. maybe that is true for some women but probably not most. And anyway white women are not the only women with straight hair, everyone else has it outside of africa. as for the reasons for black men dating white women, i truely think that some of them might have the misconception that white women are easier to manipulate and will give you money and such. But alot of black men dont have that misconception an they use that as a defense or reason for dating whites, if they feel like they need to defend it. i think the reason some blacks date whites is the reason anyone dates anyone, they are attracted to them. What other reason would there be?

User Detail :  

Name : tara, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    You should ask some Black women. In the meantime, Black men are free to date and marry whomever they choose...I just hope they remember that, once they cross that line, they should stay over it.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Nikki20064
    Participant
    When I hear people talk about how black women get mad when they see a black man dating a white woman, why is it always the BLACK women getting mad about this? You think white women don't get upset when white men are dating someone out their race? Lets be real here. I'm not buying that excuse about black women being too demanding or hard to deal with. I don't think anyone took the time to realize what black women had been through and people shouldn't generalize us bacuse they don't know every black women to say those things. And another thing, white women are not more attractive or superior than black women, so to you brothers who are afraid to step up to us because of the stereotypes, don't be but don't expect us to be lazy or to give up our dignanty and self respect to keep you from dating a white woman. Please do not think of me as a racist! I'm just making a valid point.

User Detail :  

Name : Nikki20064, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : African Methodist Episcopalian, Age : 17, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Paige
    Participant
    Dear Jake: I read your response and I simply couldn't allow myself NOT to respond. I found it to be insulting beyond belief. I am glad that you prefaced your commentary by saying that you can't speak for all Black men who date White women, but with generalizations like yours - you really shouldn't speak at all. Jake do you happen to have any clue as to how many Black women are completing bachelors, masters, and doctorate degrees? You really need to do the research. A misogynist is hardly an individual to comment on the social status of Black females. I was always taught that it takes two individuals to make a child as well as raise one. So your erroneous implication that the state of a Black family is the sole responsibility of a Black female is simply that, wrong. The question should be, 'What does that say about Black males?' Let us not pass the buck - I am sure we all can see from several generations that it doesn't work. If it were not for the strength and endurance of the Black female, what little that exists of the Black family - wouldn't. So you're right that does say something about Black females and it is extremely positive. Well, I suppose everyone curses now and then, but if all the women you meet speak in this type of vernacular, and then shouldn't you ask yourself why you keep attracting these types of women, instead of blaming an entire race. I'll bet the answer is some shallow reason that revolves around their booty. ;) By the way, saying that an entire group of people pushed you to do anything: buy a car, select a neighborhood, date/marry someone; is a weak (and in my opinion a mentally unstable) cop out. Jake, I am working on completing my graduate degree and I see many faces that look like mine and none of them are male. It is so unfortunate that as I have raised myself up, there are no Black males up here with me. May You Have a Blessed Day!

User Detail :  

Name : Paige, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Film Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Hank
    I know I'll get alot of supercilious looks from my family members at the dinner table, when they read my comments. I do find alot of black women to be argumentive and apprehensive. I think a great deal of their temperament comes from a lack of acknowledgement; an acknowledgement of beauty, from society as a whole. This goes for mainstream as well as sub-cultures alike. Their seldom short hair and tendency to gain weight, not to Mention their african features. All this opposed to the accentuation of the naturally long hair and light complexions, as well as the often small frames of white, asian and latino women in the dominant euro-american society we all live in. This image has pretty much saturated the minds of people across the globe, and across a large portion of time. It is very much apart of the african american male's psychie, not to mention the black woman's mind as well. The black woman herself helps to reinforce the idea of the white woman's beauty by purchasing long hair weaves, not necessarily matching her own hair texture or colour; green & blue eye contact lenses don't help the situation either. Her actions help setup the next generation (daughters & sons) to fall into the same ideological sense of beauty. The black male does his part by solely going after white women or black women who have fair skin and straight hair, all of which helps to support the notion of white beauty; because its well understood these women & men have some white or other race in their background somewhere down the line. One things for sure, these mixed individuals have no problem getting a date in the black community. Having said all that, its the above reasons which often precipitate aggravation and apprehension in black women; often times making them argumentive with many blackmen, whom they very much feel abandoned by for another, be they white, asian or latino. The understanding of the black woman's plight by blackmen apparently isn't enough to over ride their pursuit of a woman who is less argumentive and less apprehensive, be she black or white.

User Detail :  

Name : Hank, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 38, City : philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : postal worker, Education level : High School Diploma, 

stacey
    Participant
    I think it is good to see a black man with a white woman or a white man with a black woman. Racism and slavery are not suppossed to exist anymore. I think many black men who even have black women often tell me that they still have fantasize about beautiful white women. So oftentimes I haven't seen too many black men who are with black women very happy in their relationships for one reason or another. I am a black man and I don't care if I see a white man with a black woman it does not bother me at all. I think many white women see black men as superstuds in bed or it is just like having chocolate candy to them. I often hear white men who have wives tell me that their wife wants to experience sex with a black man. While I would not mess with a married white woman some black men don't care. I think the race or color of skin is important but I have dated black, white, and women of other races as well.

User Detail :  

Name : stacey, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 39, City : kansas city, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : retail, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

stacey
    Participant
    I think many white women who love black men see them as more of a man than other men. I think it has to do a lot of what you see on tv, movies, books, and other sources of media. I know some white women who are married to white men and they still fantasize about black men. Some white women who are married or have white boyfriends think it makes them more of a woman to be with a black man. I think it is a sexual fantasy in most white women who are married to or have white boyfriends to have a black man in bed. I think most of them just keep it as a fantasy because they are afraid that the white men they are with will be mad at them. Some of the other reasons why white women love black men is because they where always taught that is it forbidden or taboo to date or marry black men. When they find out all the stereotypes taught to them are wrong they look at many black men as being oppressed. Even black women tell me that have white girlfriends who date or marry black men that the black man is seen as more sexual appealing as a superstud in bed. I have nothing against black women I just find that I like white women more. There are also black women who date white men but mainly it is a status symbol as part of a sister moving up in society and in the corporate world. I think there is good and bad in every race of people and you cannot say that one race is better than the other. I think it is all in what people like or what they are attracted to. Usually society pictures the beautiful white woman with long, blonde hair as the most appealing so many men of all races play into what society thinks. The prize is always going to be an attractive white woman, but I think once people look past the race issue that will change. I think most white women who date black men tell me that they are the most adaptable man of every race.

User Detail :  

Name : stacey, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 39, City : kansas city, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : retail, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

stacey
    Participant
    As a black man who dated both white and black women, I find white women more attractive to me. I have also dated asian women as well. I think most black men who love white women are conditioned by society that a pretty white woman is the ultimate ideal of beauty especially if she has blond hair, blue eyes, nice body, and a nice face. The white women I dated viewed me as more of a man with qualities that attracted them and not my race. I find many white women I have dated more easy to deal with, more tolerant, very caring, and deeply into sensual satisfaction. However many white women who are not attracted to black men tell me that it the pressure from their family or friends not to date someone who is black. Other then that most white women who have prejudice in their family or friends need to not be concerned with what they think and go with what their heart feels for the black man. A good decent white woman will support her man through thick and thin. Yes, there are some brothers who date white women for all the wrong reasons, status, sex, money, fame, social class and personal power. I don't date white women for all the wrong reasons, I date them to show them love like a true brother can love them. Black women have been always difficult to handle in a relationship, too much drama for me. I think there are many more black men out there who love white women than will admit it. Some black men are with black women who are unhappy go out and cheat on their wives or girlfriends with a white woman to explore the sexual ways of another culture or some other need is not being met at home. I know if few happy black male/female couples and many black men tell me that they wish they with a white woman instead.

User Detail :  

sunshine
    Participant
    I am a 26 year old female caucasion and have dated black males all my life except once and he just so happened to be hispanic. i can say that all black men are a$$holes because one has cheated or tried to be a player but that would be putting a title on the entire race. it doesnt matter what color your skin, every race is capable of doing the same things. I personally am attracted to skin of color. I like brown eyes and full lips, features you rarely find on a caucasion. When it comes down to a black man dating a white women, it is so easy for someone to say, 'oh, its because white women take everything the black man has to dish out'. Did anyone ever stop to think that just maybe two peeople one black, one white just might like each other, have the same common interests, be in love etc. Why cant a white woman and a black man last? because of history, because of roots where they came from? all of that can be learned. Because they need to know how to braid hair? that can be learned. because they need to know how to cook soul food? that can be learned. I am tired of hearing about all of the negative reasons and stereotypes why black men date white women. those reasons all seem to come from jealous black women who are angry at the fact that all of 'the good brothers' are dating white women (at least that is the way it is said.) why is this such a big deal? NO ONE IS JUST WHITE OR JUST BLACK OR JUST HISPANIC or asian. AFRAID THAT ONE RACE IS GOING TO OVER POPULATE ANOTHER? ACCORDING TO STATISTICS HISPANICS ARE STARTING TO become the majority race SO WHY NOT JUMP ON THAT BAND WAGON AND COMPLAIN ABOUT YOUR 'GOOD BLACK BROTHERS DATING HISPANICS'. OH AND BLACKS WERE NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT WERE EVER IN SLAVERY SO PLEASE STOP WITH THE TIRED LINE THAT 'you white people owe me everything because my ancestors' ancestors were in slavery.' I am not saying that all blacks are like this but to the ones that are...give it up. talk about holding grudges. I know that whites have had their share of doing dirt too. Truth be told, this blame game of race against race can be played for eternity, but why waist time and effort on this. just let people be. maybe people should think about finding happiness in their own lives and stop trying to butt into and cause problems and ruin everyone elses.

User Detail :  

Name : sunshine, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, Age : 26, City : el paso, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : intelligence, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.