Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
MarieMemberWell, my friend, your question is too broad, I guessed that is why you did not receive too many answers. Latin/Hispanic people are so diverse but there are certain common tendencies, of course. Even in the same society, machismo, and how difficult issues are addressed prevail more in some groups than in others. How roles are defined can vary whithin social class, cities, countries, educational background, etc. The first thing that a person from your background should try to understand is that Latin people are not homogeneous. While some societies from developed countries tend to be homogeneus, Latin American societies are not. There are Latin people with a strong educational background as there are Latin people who does not know how to read and write. There are white Latin people, black, native, and so on. There are Latin families where those difficult issues are managed in the most pedagogic and open way and there some Latin families where those issues are seen in a more conservative approach. I think that the answer of how we manage all these issues is directly related to social and economic background, but again, I would not generalise. There are Latin/Hispanics families so well-educated who would never practice machismo and there are other families where women are seemed in a paternalist way. Generally, Latin culture is more conservative about sexual issues, but it does not mean that some Latin persons are not open-minded and have a good educational background. I am a Latin women that found I am more open-minded that some European people in some sexual matters. If you have more questions about Latin culture I will be happy answering them. Cheers
User Detail :
Name : Marie, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : London, State : NA, Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, -
AuthorPosts
Dare To Ask Talk And News About Our Differences