Practicing What They Preach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wondering-Why
    Participant
    I was watching the news today about the young gay man who was murdered in Wyoming. At his funeral a group of anti-gay Christians were gathered holding signs and such in protest of homosexuality. I was raised Christian and for 17 years have had all the morals and beliefs of these God-loving people surround me. But why do Christians sometimes feel as though they have the right to go back on all the values and teachings of their faith (i.e. judge not)? For example, they hate gays because they think being gay is anti-God, but hate itself is anti-God. Original Code SO82. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click "to respond" below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Wondering-Why, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Papi
    Participant
    They were being evil according to their way instead of mourning his death(Rom.12:5) and praying for his soul to be heaven or praying his family and loved ones. Plus, they forget that Jesus says to be merciful and not to judge or condemn(Luke 6:35-37 and Mat.5:7). They were not acting like true people of God in a biblical way(2 Tim. 2:24-26, St. Paul also talks about correcting in kindness, meekness, or humulity.) They thought that it was ok lord over people when that's wrong(Ezek.34:1-4 & 1 Pet.5:1-3). So I couldn't trust them(1 Cor.4:1-2) when it comes to teaching(Jas. 3:1-2) since they were acting like wolves in sheep's clothing(Acts 20:28-31).

User Detail :  

Name : Papi, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight/Bi-Curious in a celebate way, Disability : ED, Race : Mixed-Race descent(black, white, & Amerindian), Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.