Women who: Accept no substitutes!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Augustine23531
    Participant
    Why do so many women have a very specific idea of what kind of man they want for a mate? I have noticed that many women have certain criteria without which they will not even consider a man -race (if different from their own), way of making a living, hobbies, etc. For instance, some women will only consider a man if he is military, or if he is black (and she is white), or is into some kind of specialized hobby such as skiing or mountain climbing. I do not think men are so specific. For instance, I find tall women and redheads appealing, but my wife of eight years is neither tall nor a redhead, and I do not regret the fact that she isn't.

User Detail :  

Name : Augustine23531, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 41, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Crystal
    I don't think all women are as 'picky' as you describe. However, those who are extremely selective are that way because they can be. More and more women are getting college degrees and good jobs, and buying houses on their own. We don't need to get married in order to support ourselves or be accepted socially, the way it was in the 'good old days.' Therefore more women are putting greater stress on the intangibles in relationships. Also consider exactly who is 'advertising' for a relationship. Those who are physically attractive and economically successful, whether male or female, are often extremely choosy because they can afford to be; the attractive and successful can pretty much get anyone they want, so they set their standards higher than the more average among us.

User Detail :  

Name : Crystal, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 39, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Robin J
    In my experience, my idea of my 'dream man' is mostly formulated from my past experiences. For instance, I've dated men with the same level of education as myself and men with less, but the latter never seemed to work out. It's also been my experience that females are more programmed for marriage than males by their families and society from the time they're little girls, so they spend a lot more time thinking about what they want they're husband to be like than men spend thinking about their potential wives.

User Detail :  

Name : Robin J, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 24, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Heather E.
    I think you will find that most women do eventually accept substitutes when they fall in love. I like short, stocky athletic men. I married a tall, skinny musician. Go figure. He likes little brunettes. I'm a six-foot blonde. And we're very happily married. I think everybody has a preference, but they still end up with someone who may not fit all of them. One of the beautiful ironies of life.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather E., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Natalie
    Participant
    As long as I can remember, I had rarely found non-caucasian men attractive. If I did, he was usually black as opposed to asian, indian, hispanic, etc. I met my fiance over the telephone and our first conversation was over 7 hours long. During that time he told me he was East Indian. I will confess, I NEVER thought I - a 'small town girl'- would EVER find an East Indian man attractive, but he was so incredibly intelligent, kind, witty, patient ....everything I ever wanted in a man, so we met. I am so glad we did as he not only 'fit' the mental/emotional criteria he is gorgeous!! Chances are though, if he wasn't a 'looker' I would have fallen for him anyway. as for having strict criteria regarding a mate-the only set-in-stone requirements I really had were that he was emotionally/mentally open. The rest is just fluff.

User Detail :  

Name : Natalie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Deist, Age : 32, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

John29257
    Participant
    They always want these extremes. You know: 'a kind hearted tough guy' or 'a capitalist, but also a marxist' all in one man.

User Detail :  

Name : John29257, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, 

Heather
    I agree that women are much more particular about what sort of man they will date or marry. I'm personally not as picky as what you mentioned above, but I do want a man who is funny, decent-looking (doesn't have to be great-looking), and has a good income. He has to be white too. Most women think this way. Men, on the other hand, really don't care what characteristics a woman has as long as she is breathing and has all the normal parts, like a vagina and breasts. Women don't realize this though. They think men are picking them apart the same way we pick men apart. They ask dumb questions like, 'What do you think he thought about my outfit' or other details like that. They just don't understand how men think. As long as you are okay-looking, pleasant to be around, and don't have any glaring faults, a man will like you and will marry you. They don't put that much thought into it. They basically feel like all women are the same with minor differences and once they have a woman they are happy with that. I try to tell other women this and make them understand how simple a man's mind really is when it comes to love, but they can't comprehend it usually. Men don't have to fall completely in love with you to want to be with you. As long as you are cool to be around, they figure that's probably as good as it gets and they go ahead and marry you.

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 31, City : Cleveland, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : Self-employed - Internet, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Rocky L Huddleston
    Participant
    Hello I'm looking for a well groomed lady for a long term relationship leeding to mariage. Sincerely Rocky

User Detail :  

Name : Rocky L Huddleston, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 55, City : Berkley, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : wound car tec, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.