Why not believe in God?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Dwanny
    Participant
    I beg to differ. I don't think atheists have any more or less disappointment in their lives than anyone else. Yes, there are atheists that are lonely, just like there are x-tians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. But, there are atheists with full happy lives too. I feel you are very closed minded to assume this.

User Detail :  

Name : Dwanny, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 53, City : Springtown, State : TX Country : United States, 

Mara
    Participant
    your God is all knowing and all powerful? Then how could he not KNOW that this certain person or that particular person is NOT going to love him? Regardless of the red herring of 'free will', if your God does know all that is, was, or ever shall be...allowing this being to be ensouled even though He KNOWS they will ultimately end up burning in Hell for eternity is plain sadistic and evil. Do you worship a cruel and sadistic god that creates beings KNOWING that ultimately they will be tortured for eternity?

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

J
    Most Atheists usually start to answer this question with an annoyed tone and say, 'There is no proof.' I think that most Athiests do not believe in God for the following two generalized reasons: - There is no scientific evidence of God's existance at all other than a work of Fiction called the Bible. - If you have ever read the entire Bible, even just the Old Testament, why would you ever want to believe that God is in existence? God is one angry, vengeful, spiteful, conniving deity! Other than that... when you learned (making an assumption here) that Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny were not real why did you think this? Probably because other people told you so and you believed them. Then you should realize that you had never seen them nor had they left any evidence of their existence besides what your parents gave you in their absence. Therefore the same logic can be applied to the existence of God since all that was ever left behind as an identifier of his existence is a book that wasn't even written by him. Most Atheists are the people who do not believe in ANYTHING unless they see undeniable evidence of their existence.

User Detail :  

Name : J, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : The Church of Lourd Glebe, Age : 22, City : D.C., State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : IT SUpport/ Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

BenClerk
    Participant
    I believe (as a former self proclaimed atheist) atheism is as much of a religion as anything else. Atheism is something that must be respected as a belief because it is a way of life, a belief in a lack of influence if you will. In effect I think if you cannot accept atheism then you shouldn't expect your religion to be accepted either.Maybe believing makes as little sense to others as not believing does to you. Life is in knowledge.

User Detail :  

Name : BenClerk, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : mixed, Age : 15, City : Waldron, State : AR Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

JaredW.
    As an atheist myself all I can tell you is my personal reason for being as such. And to be perfectly honest it was a trip to church that sealed the fact that I now disbelieve. I went to church with a girlfriend because she wanted me to go because the sermon was all about relationships. A lot of what the pastor was saying made a lot of sense and were very good ideas. Then I thought about it and realized that they were good ideas with or without god. Same goes for a lot of other teachings. It's not going to hell that stops me from stealing, killing, or any other immoral act. I don't do these things because I would hate for them to happen to me. So the principle of "do onto others as you would have done onto you" is a great idea. I have moral, not because of fear of hell and g

User Detail :  

Name : JaredW., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Robesonia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Cook, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

norbertneuman
    Participant
    they say that it cant be proved, and it cant. no evidence has been found to support it. and no, we need more than love, we need proof. some see the evils that religion has caused, and dont want to associate with the same organizations that killed people in the most horrible ways known to man *inquisition* i was raised catholic, and i was disgusted that the "divine being" would associate with a group that destroys entire villages with a few words *AIDs* i feel much more free as an antitheist

User Detail :  

Name : norbertneuman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : mahtomedi, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    But more critical thinkers do.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.