Why can’t white people kick it?

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

calinda
    I am a black woman myself who has a young child. A young male child. I have seen the same behaviors your talking about on a much larger scale. I have seen parents encouraging young children not not only with the dancing but allowing them to mutter certain curse words or display actions that are not becoming. I think this has a lot to do with the economic classes that these people fall into. I have on occassion witnessed a young white mother encouraging her child to stand out or be noticed. I hanoestly believe that that is the source of this behavior. White children are already considered to be a part of the norm. They are encouraged to stand out by becoming someone prominent in their communities, states, countries, ect... Black children are taught they need to stand out for thier natural talents. Even if these talents are stereotypical or limiting. They are taught that to suceed you need to have one of only a few talents or skills that are available to us. Such as dancing. And since there is so much competition in this field, you need to be the best at it. Most black parents are proud when their child exhibits some form of 'soul' while most white parents praise a child for hard work and accomplishments.

User Detail :  

Name : calinda, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 26, City : boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : administration, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.