Why assumptions about Gays/Chrisrianity/Bible

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

cellie-mil19158
    Participant
    i feel for you. although i agree with the biblical evidence of homosexual acts being sinful, i do not belive homosexuality can be controlled, in other words, people do not choose to be gay. lots of people blame the media (tv, movies, books, music, whatever), but homosexuality has lived a lot longer than any sources of media- it is even older than written language. there are many biblical laws that people do not abide by; how many of us have been in conversaion and said 'oh my God' or 'Goddamnit' casually? how many of us have ever talked back to our parents? how many of us have received more change than we were supposed to from a store (even a penny more) and kept it? how many of us have ever downloaded music without paying for it? how many of us have ever worked on sunday (be it homework, chores, or going to the job)? how many of us have wrongfully accused someone of something or lied about someone? guess what- these are all sins, yet those who commit them dont carry as heavy a social burden as homosexuals. as a christian, i have no problem with homosexuals as people, or their 'acts of love' (although the thought of the latter makes me a little queasy). i do admit to having reservations about gay marriage and raising of children; i am entitled to that just as other christians are entitled to disapprove of homosexuality. i believe many homophobic people use these verses to mask their own fear/misunderstanding/intolerance of it. as for those who genuinely are not homophobic and still condemn it, it is not up to us to get anyone else into the pearly gates, so live and let live.

User Detail :  

Name : cellie-mil19158, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 21, City : brooklyn, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.