Why are there bisexuals and homosexuals?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Bo
    Why are there heterosexuals? Find out the reason for one and I think we will find the answer for all. Kinsey came out with a study that gave a scale from Heterosexual at 0 to Homosexual at 6. Most of us are bisexual, with some of us not being able to function with a male if we are totally straight (a 0) or with a female if we are totally gay (a 6). Everyone else falls somewhere in the other groups, with 4 being equally attracted to both. You may be asking what is the difference between a bisexual in a relationship with a guy and a homosexual. The simple answer is nothing. There is another scale that deals with emotional issues and really is better but too complicated to get into here. Too often we only think of the sex act as determining our orientations. Again, you forgot to ask why are some heterosexuals cross-dressers. A cross-dresser is a person who enjoys wearing the clothes of the opposite sex. Common use, though, is for a man who enjoys dressing in women's clothes since the reverse is accepted. The reason can be for sexual or emotional reasons. It has been estimated that 1of every 48 U.S. males is a cross-dresser. These individuals can be any sexual orientation, although most (about 90 percent) of all cross-dressers are heterosexual. The main difference between cross-dressers and transsexuals is that cross-dressers are satisfied (happy) being male.

User Detail :  

Name : Bo, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Shreveport, State : LA Country : United States, Occupation : Cattle, Rental Property, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Daniel
    Participant
    Ed, you claim that homosexuality and bisexuality are a matter of choice. I assume you are gay or bisexual, since you seem to know this as a fact. Just in case you're straight, let me ask you this: when was the last time you 'chose' to sleep with someone of the same sex? Also, what age were you when you 'chose' to be straight?

User Detail :  

Name : Daniel, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 24, City : Queens, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Grace
    To Jack P.: While I can't answer your question about why some men are cross-dressers and some are Mr. Universe, I can clear up why some men cross-dress. I asked that question to a gay friend. He said he considered it an art form, and in his desire to be beautiful, he decided to dress as a woman. As to what the difference between gay and bi is, gay men like only men. Bisexual men like men and women. That being said, I believe there are very few people who are 100 percent gay, bi or straight. Most people have inclinations both ways but have a stronger tendency one way.

User Detail :  

Name : Grace, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Disability : Blind, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 26, City : Oneida, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Chuck A.
    A homosexual man is psychologically and biologically 'wired' to establish intimate relationships with other men, whereas with bisexual men those relationships can occur with both men and women. As for cross-dressing, if a Straight man does it, it's usually for sexual gratification and to fulfill fantasies; if a Gay man does it, it's usually for entertainment purposes (i.e. Drag Shows).

User Detail :  

Name : Chuck A., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 41, City : Spring Hill, State : WV Country : United States, Occupation : AIDS Educator/Part-time radio announcer, 

Moe20300
    Participant
    I agree with some of the other people that have posted to your comment. We all fall somewhere in the scale of straight to Gay. Some people are really, really staight some are really, really Gay. I believe the reason is because we are complicated being. I personally have never slept with a man and I am totally turned off by anal sex. Most men I see do not turn me on. However I am turned on visually by women every day. The thought of oral sex with another guy does seem cool to me. If I had ever had the opportunity I probably would have done it. I even told my wife this. I have been married for many years. And I am sexually happy. I don't know why I feel bisexual in this way. I just am. So what. The question is- why do we in america care about who sleeps with who. If you don't want then don't do its that simple.

User Detail :  

Name : Moe20300, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 38, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Network Admin, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Alex
    Participant
    You cannot choose who you are attracted to nor who you will fall in love with. You do not walk into a party, look around, and make a concious decision who you will become physically attractive to. You don't picl and choose these people, you look around and feel things for some people, and nothing for others. You also do not start a conversation with someone and make a concious decision if you are going to become emotionally attracted to or if you'll fall in love with this person. You just feel these things inside yourself. So you're right, everyone can make a concious desicion to sleep with who they want. But, that really doesn't matter at all, because that decision is controlled through all these unconcious matters that a human can not 'choose' to follow or and follow and are definately 'born' with.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : PH, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

pale-rider19846
    Participant
    once you have sex with same sex, you are homosexual. Not BISEXUAL.

User Detail :  

Name : pale-rider19846, City : atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.