Why Do White Girls Drink A lot Of Beer?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Erika
    Participant
    Every time I go to the beach or a party and mostly on movies I see white girls drinking tons of beer. I know this isn't every white girl, but why do most of them do it? Do they think it's cute or what?

User Detail :  

Name : Erika, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 21, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Teresa19762
    Participant
    Hi I'm a white girl and I don't understand why so many of my peers are obsessed with drinking. I think it's because they try too hard to get people to like them. Often I hear a girl (and guys too) say something like, 'I have to have a few drinks before I can be social.' Those kinds of people feel inhibited by themselves and think they will be more likeable with a significant amount of alcohol in their systems. Oh but there is nothing more disgusting than the sight (and the sound) of a girl who is sloppily drunk. Heavy loads of alcohol are not traditionally associated with (or desired for) women, but rebellion is glorified in the USA. These girls who drink too much might think they're standing out from the norm, reversing tradition, or asserting themselves as 'man enough'... Who really knows?

User Detail :  

Name : Teresa19762, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Macomb, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant
    As far as the beer swilling white women you see in the real world, I'd guess they're mostly college girls, and the current college culture dictates that binge drinking shows you're 'cool' and 'with-it.' I'd guess if you watch the guys these ladies are with, you'd realize they are drinking at least as much, and probably more than the women. 'Most' of 'us' don't drink 'tons of' anything.

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cynthia19754
    Participant
    Beer is cheaper, so if you're 22 and just out of school, it's easier to buy. I also think that some of these girls just aren't sophisticated enough to know what kinds of wines to order.

User Detail :  

Name : Cynthia19754, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Age : 27, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Publicist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Christy
    I am a young white woman who does drink beer and depending on someone else's standard of 'a ton', probably fall into this group. It has never been something 'cute' for me, though. I grew up in a backwoods town in Tennessee. The closest town was 30 minutes away which was limited in activities for a younger group. In high school many of my friends and I would find a field to build a fire where we could camp all night and put back the beer.Over the years my tolerance grew quite a bit. Now I am a 115 lb woman who can sit back and drink a whole case (24 beers) with the boys on game day without being boligerant. I don't like the beach and party crowds, however, that get toasted and annoy everyone around who isn't just as drunk.

User Detail :  

Name : Christy, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : johnson city, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Meghan
    Participant
    I'm surprised about some of these assumptions. I am a white girl with several white girl friends and we drink beer; sometimes a couple some times a bit more. Why drink beer? We drink beer because it tastes good. In the NW we have several fine micro-breweries and drinking 'good' beer is valued in the way drinking wine is some places. Also many white girls are of Irish or German heritage and a great many fine beers come from both countries. For some, beer over liquor or wine may be cultural.

User Detail :  

Name : Meghan, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 26, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

SK
    Participant
    They're thirsty. Very, very thirsty.

User Detail :  

Name : SK, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Nashville, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

CatherineP
    When I go out (which is rare) I choose to drink beer. I can't speak for everyone, but I pick beer for a couple of reasons. First, it's laid back. I would rather drink wine, but ordering a glass of wine at some hole-in-the-wall bar feels snobby. Second, it's a very uncomplicated order. One or two words and you have your drink. Third, it's always the same. Everytime you order a mixed drink, even if it's from the same bartender, it's different. They might pour too much liquor, too much juice, a different brand of liquor, etc. To sum it up, I drink beer because it's simple.

User Detail :  

Name : CatherineP, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20+, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.