Whites singing hardcore rap lyrics

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gerard
    What do black men and women think of white people listening to and singing along to hardcore rap music that involves use of words such as 'nigger'?

User Detail :  

Name : Gerard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 30, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : electrician, Social class : Middle class, 

April23757
    Participant
    From what I have been told, keep singing and rapping and buying their music - just hold your tongue when they say the 'N' word. Just because Ludacris said it doesn't mean a white person has the right. Sorry, I didn't make the rules, I just abide by them.

User Detail :  

Name : April23757, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

Tracey
    If it is within your character to listen to that type of music, you have every right to sing along. Some will get offended. Some won't give a hoot. That rings true for a lot of words in today's lyrics. You can't please everybody. But use your judgment. There is a time and place for everything.

User Detail :  

Name : Tracey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 29, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Michela20736
    Participant
    I have also been wondering what to do with this problem, because I am also white and I enjoy rap music. I once was walking with my friend at a railway station, singing along to a Busta Rhymes song.. just when I came to a part of the song where they shout 'break your f*cking neck, nigger', a huge, black guy came around the corner.. the look on his face was so deadly, I really felt lucky for being a girl. My chances for getting beaten up were lower.

User Detail :  

Name : Michela20736, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Turku, State : NA Country : Finland, 

Leniesha
    Participant
    We think you lost your damn mind!

User Detail :  

Name : Leniesha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Herndon, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.