Whites on Blondes

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anon23915
    Participant
    I am white and have always been more attracted to darker-haired and darker-skinned women. I remember in college a Korean friend told me he didn't like Indian women because he perceived them as being dirty. This of course sounds ridiculous. I think it comes from inexperience in the relationships between different races. I find that the more time I spend around a certain individual of a particular race, the more I am attracted to that race as a whole.

User Detail :  

Name : Anon23915, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Shu27991
    Participant
    It's because people are always fascinated by genetic freaks of nature. Scientifically a true blonde is rare; blond and blue eyes are even rarer. So think of it as a sexy freak show - like banging the bearded lady.

User Detail :  

Name : Shu27991, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 19, City : Rosslyn, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Aishe28968
    Participant
    Thinking that a blond woman is more beautiful than other women must have something to do with the culture you're living in. I live in Finland (in Scandinavia) and here approximately 70% of population are blondes (I am too). It is so ordinary in Finland to have blonde hair that it is not considered to be anything special and you rarely hear any white males describe a blonde woman 'hot chick' just because of the hair color... Mostly you just hear blonde jokes...

User Detail :  

Name : Aishe28968, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Turku, State : NA Country : Finland, Social class : Middle class, 

Don
    Participant
    Why does everyone here seem to have such a problem with men prefering blondes? One poster here even went as far as using the derogatory term 'genetic freak' to describe blondes. I'm just wondering if this poster equally mocks the fact that most women seem to prefer 'tall, DARK, handsome men'? Do women prefer 'tall, DARK, handsome' guys because these guys are genetic freaks? If you're interested in knowing the real reason why women seem to prefer dark men and why men seem to prefer fair-skinned or fair-haired women, then I really recommend you read Steve Sailer's article entitled 'Why do gentlemen prefer blondes?' which can be found here at http://www.isteve.com/blondes.htm. In it he refers to anthropologist Peter Frost's research on the matter, and gives an evolutionary and biological explanation as to why men prefer fairer women.

User Detail :  

Name : Don, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

l
    i think that the media is some what to blame. I am a brunette, and have only recently (leaving teen yrs. behind) felt adequate while standing next to a 'blonde'. I personally have met some guys who prefer a natural look whether they be blonde, brunette, or red heads. I think it's almost a male american standard or something like that...If a girl has big boobs, blonde hair and is waifly thin she'll ususally get attention.

User Detail :  

Name : l, City : newyork, State : NY Country : United States, 

Marie
    Participant
    As a blonde myself, I think I can say that this kind of stereotyping goes hand-in-hand the idea that blondes are dumb or easy. I have dk blonde hair but prefer to keep it honey blonde like it was when I was a child; like my daughter's hair is now. I also have green eyes and a year round tan that I do little to maintain -- it's genetic. I think I am attractive but no one will ever mistake me for a swimsuit model! Long hair, average build (no top-heavy Barbie doll build, not even close), a little above average in height. I rarely even wear make-up. Over the years, I've tried many different hair colors from brown to red to black, and various shades in between. Yet I have always come back to blonde. I feel more comfortable, more confident and, yes, more attractive. When I'm blonde, I have noticed that I get more attention from guys, not all of it flattering. But I believe the reason I get more attention as a blonde is because I'm more at ease with myself. And I've always believed that confidence is the most attractive trait you can possess. On the flip side of the coin, when I was younger, I was only attracted to tall, tanned, blonde guys. LOL I wonder how guys would feel about that!

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Jeffersonville, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Marie
    Participant
    Beautiful women come in all, shapes, sizes, races, and, obviously, hair colors. But in any public place and look around and count the number of blondes you see. So many girls want to be blonde and I'm not sure why. Super models and magazine models come in such a variety of skin and hair colors, that I can't even place the blame on the fashion industry. Somewhere along the line blondes have gotten the reputation for being promiscuous, wild and not the brightest bunch of individuals. Nothing there to envy. But promising, indeed, for guys who are out looking for an easy lay. The recent spate of 'girls gone wild' videos, while not completely comprised of blondes, hasn't helped. As a real blond with naturally tanned skin and green eyes, I don't appreciate the attention of men who 'prefer blondes.' I resent blonde jokes, because I have a genious level IQ. While I am outgoing and enjoy flirting as much as the next woman/girl, I am not, nor have I ever been promiscuous. I don't consider myself wild, but I do occasionally enjoy parties - however, I'd rather go hiking or spend time in a bookstore than partying in clubs and bars. But, keep in mind that blonde 'wannabes' are not confined to Whites. I've seen many bottle blonde Blacks, Asians, and Latino or Hispanic women. Talk about unnatural!

User Detail :  

Name : Marie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 36, City : Jeffersonville, State : IN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 

AVi23426
    Participant
    You could'nt be more wrong Vic.They say you don't know what you've got till its gone.All those guys are probably regretting it in some way that they let go of a girl like you.Don't bother yourself about this.Everywhere you have some kind of pre-requisites to be considered a 'bomb'.Maybe you are in the wrong place !Because where I'm from we believe in inner beauty and character,rather than what you look like.

User Detail :  

Name : AVi23426, Gender : M, Age : 25, City : Hyd, State : NA Country : India, 

YACO
    Participant
    The way guys define blondes as beautiful occurs because of the attention afforded to blondes in the media. look at all the famous pop stars, majority are blondes. But you could also flip what you said around in reference to the guy talking to his friends...he could just as easily say, 'I saw this girl, man, Jet black hair, crystal blue eyes...' Its all in the way its deleivered. but if a blame needs to be placed it would be on media. (p.s. I would much rather prefer a brunette...or redhead :p )

User Detail :  

Name : YACO, City : ottawa, State : ME Country : Canada, 

sophie
    Participant
    i think its funny that the question was asked b/c i've always had that same question. a lot of the time ppl describe a pretty girl to me and they're like yeah she was so pretty, blond hair... blah blah blah. it makes me mad and unaprecciated as a brunette.i'm like hey i'm pretty and i have dark hair! do you need me to dye my hair blonde for you so that you notice?! and i'm not lieing, i have been told i'm pretty many times before. also personally i've noticed that most of the prettiest girls i've seen have had a darker shade of hair-light brown to black. so i dont get it and it sux that ppl have to think that way.

User Detail :  

Name : sophie, City : columbia, State : MO Country : United States, 

Carlos
    Participant
    For better or for worse, the reality is that what Julie states is true probably at least 70% of the time --- that men do automatically associate blonde with beautiful and sexy when it comes to women. This seems to be true not only among white men, but men worldwide -- whether they be Asian, African, Eurpoean or Middle Eastern, in most cases men seem to have a sexual preference for blonde women. Now, with the proliferation of blonde hair dyes, men tend to place a premium on natural blondes. I've pondered the question as to why, and I've come to the conclusion that although cultural factors do play a role, that there appears to be something innately desirable about the features naturally blonde women seem to possess (not just the blonde hair). Many, especially brunette women, seem to go to great lenghts to deny this, but the fact remains that in the end, if given a choice, men in most cases will choose a natural blonde woman over any other.

User Detail :  

Name : Carlos, Gender : M, Age : 39, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

Emily
    Participant
    My hair is reddish-brown and I have dyed it blond for years. I do get more attention with blond hair and what woman wouldn't enjoy it? I think I am attractive anyway, but the blong hair sets it off. Men of different ethnicities seem to take quite an interest in it, I've been told because a blong woman is like a trophy. I think that is pretty dumb, but I go for it. There are soo many beautiful women with black or brown hair that I think look exotic. I often wish I could pull that look off.

User Detail :  

Name : Emily, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Huron, State : SD Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.