Whites and rare steak

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Kristina26287
    Participant
    Why do some white people like to eat their steak rare?

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26287, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Washington, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Dominique
    Participant
    The same reason some black people like to eat theirs rare: they enjoy it.

User Detail :  

Name : Dominique, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Scientist, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    I don't really think this question has much to do with color/ethnicity currently, because I know people of all types who like their meat cooked all ways. I like my meat medium rare because it's very tender, still retains the complete flavor, but is warm, except for the very center. I've had rare meat, and don't like it quite as much as medium rare because it's center is cool throughout. Have you ever tried rare meat or medium rare meat? If not, why not? Is it because of something to do with your ethnicity? I've tried well-done meat and don't like it because I think it's too chewy. I've tried meat done all the different ways and settled on medium rare because I liked it - not because I'm white.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Augustine23381
    Participant
    I wouldn't confine this solely to race, but I have noticed that well-to-do 'sophisticates' tend to prefer their meat rare, whereas working-class 'cafeteria steakhouse' types want their meat 'done'. I was raised working-class and I like my steak well-done with plenty of steak sauce. I simply thought this was the way to eat steak until I was around more 'worldly' people who like their steak rare with no sauce. Supposedly they find it more flavorful.

User Detail :  

Name : Augustine23381, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 42, City : Columbia, State : SC Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Paul-S30458
    Participant
    The other people who responded to this question are dead wrong. White people routinely eat basically raw bloody meat. I have never seen another Black person cut into a bloody steak and no react with horror. When I used to eat red meat and I went to a restaurant, I've had to beat the waiter over the head with the notion that I didn't want any pink and/or bloody meat at all. Simply telling them to cook it well-done isn't suficient. Well-done means something different to White people than it does to us. I've often heard Whites say in regards to their steak 'wipe its *ss and run it through a warm room.' I'm sickened just thinking about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Paul-S30458, City : Southfield, State : MI Country : United States, 

Bigrama
    Participant
    Well it is a known fact that the white man is a cave man and it is part of their genetic make up to want to eat raw meat.

User Detail :  

Name : Bigrama, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, 

Rick
    because we are white devils and can't survive without the taste of blood. While in public, we can only aquire this taste from rare steak. Thanks for asking.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 34, City : san francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dana27202
    Participant
    I believe it is because in the past, and still today, African Americans tend to make less money than whites. Therefore, they tend to purchase lower-end cuts of meat, which a) would taste bad if not fully cooked and b) need to be cooked a lot to tenderize, whereas more expensive meat is edible and delishous as is. Why this may have passed over into the upper classes of African American society I dont know- maybe a continuation of heritage, thats how parents and grandparents used to cook meat, etc. Overall, I think this is an economic issue rather than a racial one.

User Detail :  

Name : Dana27202, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : Gaithersburg, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.