Walmart vs. Target

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Sam
    I've noticed some people proudly says "I'm not a Walmart shopper". What is the difference in buying a product from one store v/s the other when the product that you are trying to purchase is not manufactured in your own country. If Target will only sell the goods that are "Made in U.S.A." then Target will be my preferred store.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam, City : Lewisville, State : TX Country : United States, 

Dot
    Participant
    Target pays a decent wage. Target allows employees to unionize. Target has never been cited for locking illegal alien janitors in its stores at night. Target doesn't go out of its way to kill local businesses, and lastly, Target doesn't randomly ban products from its stores based on religious hysteria or political pressure. Oh, and Target also doesn't sell guns. This is why there are two Targets within driving distance to me and the L.A. City Council has routinely barred Walmart from setting up shop anywhere within city limits. There are no Walmarts in Los Angeles. I doubt the transgendered employee I saw in the West Hollywood Target store last week could even get hired at a Walmart.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant
    everything she said plus Target has never been sued for gender discrimination or forcing their employees to work through their legally mandated breaks and lunches, nor done them out of overtime pay they were owed. For these reasons and more, I prefer Costco or Target. Same stuff, better companies.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Sam
    Agree. Most of the American thinks this way. I'm one of the proud and previledged Target customer now.

User Detail :  

Name : Sam, City : Lewisville, State : TX Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.