Walmart vs. Target

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Trent
    Participant
    At our local stores there is a huge differance in the type of people that shop in Walmart compared to those who shop in Target. Are the Walmarts in other areas like this?

User Detail :  

Name : Trent, City : Fargo, State : ND Country : United States, 
    Yes, it is also like this here. I've lived in several states and it was also the same there. WalMart generally appeals to a broader class of people, including the lower classes. Targets tend to have merchandise designed to cater to the budget minded middle and upper classes.

User Detail :  

Name : KristyCarberry, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 30, City : Albany, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Corporate Trainer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant
    I shop at both here in St. Louis. Walmart's prices are generally cheaper, sometimes by a lot. Target has much nice clothing & household decor, sheets, towels, etc, but they cost more. I've noticed that at many of the local Walmarts, there are lots of extremely obese female customers, often riding in those elec. carts. Perhaps Walmart has more clothing in those extra large sizes. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.