Straight but like transsexuals?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Walt
    I consider myself straight because I'm not attracted to men. However, I have recently found some transsexuals sexually appealing. This is very weird to me. The more feminine they look, the more attracted I am to them. Especially ones who have enhanced female features like large breasts, hips or butts, and who look submissive. Does being attracted to transvestites mean you are gay? I have never been with a man and have no desire to. Any answers?

User Detail :  

Name : Walt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Mixed Race, Religion : Baptist, Age : 26, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Leanne
    First's there's a difference between liking someone who's a transvestite - someone who enjoys dressing in clothing typically associated with the opposite sex - and being attracted to someone who is transgendered/transsexual. Someone who is transgendered is someone whose gender identity (internal sense of being male or female) does not fit with his or her physical sex characteristics (genitals, secondary sex characteristics, chromosomal sex, hormonal sex). Theres a third category as well: intersexuals, who are folks with physical sex characteristics of both sexes. Their gender identity could be male or female.

So...
    if you're attracted to men dressed in women's clothing, but whose gender identity is that of a man, and whose sex characteristics are male - they have a penis - you ARE attracted to men - just a particular type of man - one who's a transvestite. Male transvestites can be gay, wherein they tend to refer to themselves as drag queens. But many men who are transvestites are actually straight, and may hide their cross-dressing out of fear that they will be rejected by their wives. And, of course, many are also bisexual, and so could have relationships with men or women.

If you are, as it sounds like you are, interested in folks who are intersexed, transgendered or transsexual, you are interested in folks who were born with male sexual characteristics but whose gender identity is that of a woman. You sound as though you're leaning more into also being attracted specifically to someone who is transsexual - this refers to someone who is not only transgendered, but who has taken hormones and possibly had surgeries to begin changing their bodies so they fit better with their internal gender identity - that of a woman. Hormones will give them softer skin, reduce body hair, broaden their hips, make their breasts larger, etc. Surgeries might be breast enlargements, removal of the adams apple, creation of vaginas, etc. Many transsexual folks are somewhere in process on this, and by choice, some have all the surgeries available. It all depends on their preferences and individual priorities.

. Male transsexual/transgendered/transexuals are sometimes referred to as transensual. Many folks in the world have the same attraction as you, and you'll find many women very interested in relationships with you. Many identify as straight women - and need to find a man who views them that way, too.

User Detail :  

Name : Leanne, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : queer, polyamorous, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 36, City : Toronto, Ontario, State : na Country : Canada, Occupation : social worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Gay-King
    Participant
    Your answer is in your own profile.

User Detail :  

Name : Gay-King, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 35, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : counselor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Betty Blue
    From your letter, it seems that you are attracted to feminine appearance, and many male-to-female transsexuals look as much (or more) like traditional women than many women do. Being attracted to transsexuals doesn't mean you are gay. You're still attracted to the feminine aspect of a person. Consider getting acquainted with a few (refer to them as 'she' or 'her' unless they request otherwise). And if sex becomes an issue, you can simply say you aren't interested.

User Detail :  

Name : Betty Blue, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 29, City : Southern California, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : administrative, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Taz27449
    Participant
    I'd say you're OK. Look at it this way: Yes, they are guys. However, they are spending a lot of time and money to look as much like a female as they possibly can. You are attracted to someone who appears to be female. When you realize it's not a female, but in fact a male, you lose interest in that particular person. That's not being gay. That's being taken in by false advertising, the way I see it.

User Detail :  

Name : Taz27449, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 32, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Whatever turns you on, turns you on, and provided it doesn't involve children or other species and doesn't seriously hurt anyone, just be yourself and be happy. Quit searching for one word to describe yourself, because you'll never find it.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : Huntsville, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

K26970
    Participant
    I just wanted to clear up an issue of terminology. Transvestites are people who get sexual gratification from wearing the clothing of the opposite sex. They can be either straight or gay. Drag queens are men who perform dressed as women - dancing, lip-synching, etc. They tend to be gay, but there is nothing that says a straight man can't be a drag queen.

User Detail :  

Name : K26970, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 22, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Jack
    Depends, are you considering the transsexuals to be the gender they consider themselves to be? If they act and dress like women, and consider themselves women, then why not consider them women? It doesn't make you gay, it means you are attracted to women who used to be men.

User Detail :  

Name : Jack, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Oshkosh, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
    Your answer depends on whether you consider their condition a birth defect or a fetish, and whether you are also attracted to GG women. If you're simply looking for beautiful women regardless of their birth gender, then you are simply a heterosexual man who is attracted to those who regard themselves as female. However, if you're only seeking TS's or TV's, particularly out of a sexual fetish, and prefer such persons with male organs attached, then you could be creating a 'loophole' in your mind. Those attracted to 'shemales' and transvestites over transsexuals and other women could be attracted to masculinty in their emotional core. But due to social stigma, they may have learned to like women on a superficial level. So they learn to compromise and give themselves permission to love men who look like women, satisfying both their internalized homophobia and their core attraction.

User Detail :  

Name : Courtney H., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Asexual, Disability : Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 31, City : High Point, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Disabled, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Craig E.
    Hey Kids: I'd like to first start with a basic definition, just so we're on the same wave length about what we say and what we mean. Within the GLBT community, the first three deal with sexual orientation (the type of person we find sexually attractive) while the last one deals with gender identity (i.e. the synchronization between one's 'mental gender' and your actual physical body). There were a couple of bang-up responses so far, so I think we all undestand a guy who is simply dressing in feminine clothes (or the reverse, which seems to be an ignored topic) is different from a transexual. In essence, a transexual is a person 'born into the wrong body'. Their feelings and attitudes are reflective of the oppostie gender, their habits cross gender lines; many times, they feel like an alien inhabiting the wrong body. A male dating a male-to-female transexual in this case is therefore a heterosexual relationship. The person you are atrracted to (assuming they are transexual and not a transvestite/ drag queen/ CD) *is* a woman. The problem comes in the *perception* of the situation. Transexuals are commonly *perceived* as emasculated males when they are not males at all. Because of this perception, men tend to become very insecure, doubtful of their own masculinity (a very important matter for all men), and commonly lash out at transexuals because for fear of, quite frankly, looking like a pansy. I know this because I have dated transexuals for several years. I am the only male I know that brings the matter public. I am the only male my TG friends know that does this. The people at my workplace know, my friends know, my family knows. The statistics of murdered transexuals is frightening and appalling. And it comes down to the fact that most don't understand the process of what transexual individuals must endure to make themselves feel right. Now there's a whole gamut of opinions that Tg's hold about what they must do, but there is always one constant: they want to be normal. It is a paradox; people going through what is an extreme change making this statement. But it is the very motivation to go through the change. Dating a transexual in itself is fine, but it does mean fighting a lot of stereotypes, and that means having courage.

User Detail :  

Name : Craig E., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Cust Svc. Rep, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Melinda19676
    Participant
    Majority of transsexuals are male versions or caricature of a 'woman' because they emphasize all the characteristics what men think a woman should be because they were born male. So they modify their bodies that are most intriguing to men. The amazement and disbelief of seeing a 'woman' so feminine and attractive with male genitalia adds to the subliminal desire by some men for transsexuals. Some men date beautiful and realistic transsexuals because its difficult for them to date gorgeous real genetic woman like when Nick Nolte dated transsexual International Chrysis when they both were filming 'Q&A' in 1990. International Chrysis later expressed regret of becoming a 'woman' and wished to have lived a life of a gay man instead. Many transsexuals attend modeling school to learn how to walk, move and have more realistic gestures as a woman. A success story is South American woman fashion model and transsexual Roberta Close because men are taller than real women. The most realistic transsexuals are asians because of the smaller and delecate features they are born with such as Korea's model Harisu who sings as well as wear a two piece swim suit with ease. Chen Lili was disqualified from the Miss Universe beauty pageant in China because she is a transsexual.

User Detail :  

Name : Melinda19676, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Baptist, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : , model / fashion designer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Paul Sanz
    Participant
    If Your going at it to impress and disguise from public eyes, the more feminine looking ones are catching your eye for a reason. but when it comes down to it; when it comes to intimate contact, some TS's are going to want the same thing you want in bed. If you reply to then is going to be that of a Fag Bashing nature, I'd have to inform you to stick to women, as Your going to hurt the feelings of a person who has gone through to many growing pains as it is. These people have a PENIS my friend. But since already aware of this I'm sure your already aware of there needs sexually as well. Being Gay is a whole lot more involved than most make it out to be these days. Would you be willing to marry this type of person, fight for the right in the case of your death, your spouse inherits all your possessions. do you feel your sexual exploits are of no concern to anyone but you and your partner? Looks go along way when it comes to finding someone, are you willing to wait the time it takes for your love to get ready to go out? And Most Important of all, are you willing to introduce your new friend for whom they are to your family, Your church, Your friends. If you LOve a Person enough to go through all of this. It doesn't matter what society Labels You. Your In Love. Fight to keep it, and Treat Your Woman Like The Goddess She IS!

User Detail :  

Name : Paul Sanz, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Religion : Christian, Age : 40, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.