Shades of etiquette

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Rachel
    I myself am bi-racial, that is, if anything is what I prefer to be called. The description that most offends me is when I am called black. This may suprise some, but it offends me because I feel that to be called black, is to deny the second, equally represented part of me. I agree when said earlier that you should not have to describe people by the color of skin they are. And about the word colored, it is extreamly offensive because it does remind on of the old (not-so-good) days. Personally I think that people do not need to be called African-American,etc because there is only so much we can do to be politically correct. Just call black people black, white people white...you get the idea.

User Detail :  

Name : Rachel, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : minneapolis, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Jackie
    Is your neice's father deceased? Both time that you made reference to her parents, you said 'her mother IS white and her father WAS black.

User Detail :  

Name : Jackie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian/American, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 42, City : Live Oak, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.