Kids destroying inner-city schools

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DanielPfalmer
    Participant
    They do it because they are pissed off. They are tired of being told what to do, when to do it, how to do it, who to do it with, etc. I have been to 13 different schools in my life and I have found that the ones that are the most strict with the students are the ones that have the most problems. I think the cause and effect there is the reverse of what most people do. I think that the strictness causes the acting out. I was going to middle school in Northern California and there was very few problems and the rules were fairly liberal. When I moved back to Alaska and began attending the middle school here it was like night and day. They ran the school like a prison. It wasn't long before I began acting out.

User Detail :  

Name : DanielPfalmer, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Fairbanks, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

SD
    What a load of crap. The problem with kids either in inner-city or suburban schools is that they have been raised by over-permissive parents who have allowed them to behave that way. Too bad if they're pissed off. They will have people telling them what to do, when to do it and how to do it their entire lives. They can either do it by earning a paycheck and working hard, or they can have a correctional officer tell them what, where and when to do things without the benefit of pay. Parents need to stop expecting the schools to raise their children and start parenting them by setting expectations, boundaries and realizing that sometimes being a parent means you aren't popular.

User Detail :  

Name : SD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 38, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Executive, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dot
    Participant
    I live in one of the worst school districts in the country. The parents here claim that they're too busy working to properly care for their children's educations. That doesn't even take into consideration the huge number of absentee fathers in some poor communities. Until people learn to practice hands-on parenting, which includes not having more kids than you can manage, we will have inner city schools filled with apathetic and disruptive kids. It's so unfair to those poorer kids who really do want an education and really do have the potential to do well.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.