Jewish-hating Muslims…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

Chris
    Why do some Jews dislike non-Jews (especially Muslims)? Why do some Christians dislike Jews and/or Muslims? There are prejudiced people of every religion, and their prejudices are often hard to explain or understand. Sadly, there are members of each of these religions that mix their own hatred and prejudices into their teachings. However, it is quite easy to see why Muslims might dislike the institutionalized discrimination carried out by the state of Israel, and might have a hard time relating to those who support Israel's policies. The pro-Israel camp does happen to include many Jewish folks. On the other hand, plenty of Jews are against the injustices carried out by Israel. People who seek to confuse political dissent and hate even go so far as to label these people as 'self-hating' Jews. Every faith has some ignorant followers.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Universalist, Age : 24, City : Bloomington, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : prep cook, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Courtney
    I'm not an expert on the situation bue I speculate that it goes to the question of Israel. Jews, Muslims, and Christians all claim Israel as a holy place. Christians are not so adament about attaining Israel as are Jewish people and Muslims. I've talked to some Israel Muslims online and one person told me about how they hated the Jewish people because the Jewish people were attacking the Muslims. I'm sure there is much violence on both parts. Because Muslims and Jews in America are very attached to the situation in Israel I'm sure the discrimination that takes place there takes place here. Hope this helps. God Bless, Courtney

User Detail :  

Name : Courtney, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Native American/British/German/Ukranian, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Toronto, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : University Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Cross
    I can't answer from a personal standpoint as I am a Christian myself, but I can answer from a historical standpoint. The conflict is a very longstanding one and has been perpetuated through many different occurances. For one, Jewish and Muslim sects are said to be descendent from Abraham, each sect from a different son. They also share common religious locations in the same hotly contended area. Finally, the most recent perpetuation of the conflict was the creation of Israel. Seen as an invasion of Muslim holy lands by the British and the Israelis the creation of the Jewish homeland created massive conflict because Israel essentially took over all the religious shrines in the area. This is not the fault of Israel, they were set there by the British after World War 2 - both sides have been wronged and with no clear resoltuion the hatred is strongly perpetuated.

User Detail :  

Name : Cross, City : Missoula, State : MT Country : United States, 

Janice A.
    As a Christain American living in a Muslim country, I can tell you what I have observed. The hatred between the two religions stems from the most part due to the Israel/Palistine war. Instead of a war over land, it has become a war of Religion and land. The Arabs don't believe that the Jews have any claim to the land and want them to leave. Many lives have been lost in this war that has lasted more than 4 decades. The 1976 invasion of Egypt in Sinai also helped to fuel this hatred. I have seen both sides of this battle from my viewpoint here in Egypt. Both have enough hatred for the other to keep the war going for hundreds of years.

User Detail :  

Name : Janice A., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Mormon, Age : 42, City : Mansoura, State : NA Country : Egypt, Occupation : Import-Export, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

jeanie31150
    Participant
    God promised Abraham he'd be the father of a great nation. He and Sarah got impatient waiting for a child( they were in their 90's) so Sarah told him to father a child with her servant Hagar, who gave birth to Ishmael. 13 years later Sarah had Isaac and began to resent the presence of Hagar and Ishmael, and sent them away. GOd tells Hagar that her son Ishmael will also become a great nation(Islam) and that they will clash with the children of Isaac(Jews). Check it out for yourself Genesis chapter 15-22.

User Detail :  

Name : jeanie31150, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 33, City : omaha, State : NE Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mike Matheson
    Participant
    It started back with Abraham in the Book of Genesis Chapter 16. Since Sarai his wife was childless she suggested that they have a child by her maid Hagar and when the maid became pregnant a dispute arose between the maid Hagar and Sarai Abrahams wife. Hagar fled and God met her in the wilderness, then in verses 10-12 God promises 'I will multiply your descendants exceedingly, so that they shall not be counted for multitude.'..... and (Speaking of the son that will be born to her)He shall be a wild man; His hand shall be against every man, And every man's hand against him. The sons of Ishmael are the Arab races. God promised Abraham a son in his old age and Isaac was born to Sarai his wife. Genesis 21 records that Hagar and Ishmael were sent away (to put it mildly) and in her despair God speaks to her and promises that Ishmael will be a great nation. So I believe that as Ishmael was sent away that stirred up a hatred as Isaac was the 'promised' son and Ishmael was the son of a slave woman. In the New Testament in Galatians 4:29 (NKJV) But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. Israel was God's specially favored and chosen people and for this they are hated... You could point to many other reasons probably but this is where and how it started.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike Matheson, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 48, City : Sacramento, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Pastor, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Raiyan
    Muslims,generally do not hate Jews. We simply have a problem with the State of Israel.Many Muslims believe the creation of Israel was unlawful and Palestinians/Arabs are being denied their rightful claim to the land.

User Detail :  

Name : Raiyan, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 21, City : Singapore, State : NA Country : Singapore, Occupation : Undergraduate, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Uri27395
    Participant
    Not all Muslims dislike Jews of course, but many do so out of solidarity with the Palestinians, the line between being anti-israel and anti-jewish being very murky. The prophet Mohammand, born a pagan, learned about the bible from the stories he heard in the market place from Jewish merchants. He went on to have his own visions and saw himself as the next step, expecting to be acknowledged by the Jewish elders as God's final prophet. When they politely declined to do so, ('what is new, is not true, what is true is not new' was their responce to the Koran) he was a wee bit resentful, much like a certain German art school applicant... And that accounts for some of the historically antipathy between the religions. But one should not forget the centuries of tolerance in the days of the Ottoman empire in which Jew culture thrived, far more so than in Christian Europe.

User Detail :  

Name : Uri27395, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 36, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Banker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mirsada
    Participant
    Why do Caucasians dislike African-Americans? There are over a billion of Muslims in this world. They are not all the same. I am Muslim, and I don't have anything against Jews. Only against ignorant people.

User Detail :  

Name : Mirsada, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 24, City : Saint Louis, State : MO Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Karim
    I am Muslim and I don't hate Jews. I disagree with the policies of Israel. Some Jews equate that with hating Jews, but that's not my problem.

User Detail :  

Name : Karim, Gender : M, Age : 23, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Carl
    Participant
    Its not that muslims hate jews, but simply a combination of things such as the occupation of palestine and certain versus of the quran. now if a novice were to read a verse of the quran he would most likely find a few words of hatred in it, but if one was well learned in the matter, he would find that it says to live side by side with the jews and allows us to marry their kind, as well as eat their food.

User Detail :  

Name : Carl, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 20, City : plano, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Tobi
    Participant
    i guess because they created a country within their territory and began preemptive wars (for example against egypt).

User Detail :  

Name : Tobi, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Duisburg, State : NA Country : Germany, 

aysha
    Participant
    This is a question that takes layers and layers of information to even begin to understand. First of all, not all Muslims hate Jewish people. Not all Jewish people hate Muslims. That is the most important thing to comprehend. Second, like most human history, land and resource are part of the base of the problem. Israel and Palestine are perfect examples of that. It becomes not so much about beliefs, but about which group of believers control what valuable thing. Are 'we' a Christian country, fighting an Islamic country because they need their souls saved, or because we want their resources? There are drastic differences in the belif systems, but there are also many things alike. Both are monotheistic, both are moral based, and both are absolute. The absolute is the next problem. Anytime anyone thinks they are absolute and right, they begin to push against that which they see as 'wrong'. Be it the Vatican or Hitler, they both aim to control the thoughts and actions of their followers. Therefor, a radical Jew sees a Muslim as 'wrong', just as a radical Muslim sees a Jew as 'wrong'. I come from a Jewish family, and have no problems with someone of Islamic faith. I have a problem with 'All Jews are evil money hungery liers', just as I have a problem with 'Jews have been through so much, they deserve to get whatever they want'. I am a person, first and foremost. I am not totally defined by my family heritage, nor would I judge anyone else to be.

User Detail :  

Name : aysha, Gender : F, Age : 27, City : Ammon, State : ID Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

HYO21695
    Participant
    I don't think it's a muslim vs. jew thing. Anti-semitism is surprisingly active in all cultures and faiths. I've noticed it on alot of forums on the web and it annoys me. I try to argue sometimes, but I'm not really a good arguer and because I haven't studied Judaism very much, I normally lose. I've finally quit trying to argue because I think I'm hurting more than helping :D There is the israel/palestine thing, and that probably makes alot of muslims mad at jews and vice versa. I just wish they'd sort it out, stop fighting, try to reach some sort of fair agreement. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be working. What can we do?

User Detail :  

Name : HYO21695, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Muslim, Age : 14, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Pat H.
    Participant
    This Muslim website lists all the 'bad' things Jews did according to the Qur'an http://www.islamonline.net/fatwa/english/FatwaDisplay.asp?hFatwaID=68521 That could be one reason but it could also be because of the whole Israel thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Pat H., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 20, City : Forestdale, State : RI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.