Is that your underwear showing?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

T-Evans
    Participant
    I have noticed that younger males like to expose the band of their underwear so it is just visible above the waist of their pants. I am curious about this phenomena. Could someone please enlighten me?
    Original Code A41. Click here to see responses from the original archives.

User Detail :  

Name : T-Evans, Age : 39, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, 

Jessica
    Participant
    Many of my guy friends who do that wear designer underwear. These have 'Calvin Klein,'POLO SPORT,' 'Tommy Hilfiger' or any number of other designer names or lines printed on the waistbands. In these situations, I believe it's partly a status thing. I have a question as well: Don't all those high school girls know how trashy it looks to have their bra straps so blatantly exposed when paired with a spaghetti strap tank? Perhaps they need to learn to leave something to the imagination.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 22, City : Framingham, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

binh bui
    The underwear-showing is just a trend. My little brother does it, too. It's harmless. If you had bell-bottoms, did disco or had big hair ('80s), you'll know that sooner or later they'll regret it as embarrassment of youth.

User Detail :  

Name : binh bui, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 25, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Tim-Jones
    Participant
    For the most part this style comes from the prison systems. Prisoners are not allowed belts so there pants are always falling down. Gang bangers picked this up and it has spread.

User Detail :  

Name : Tim-Jones, City : Leesburg, State : FL Country : United States, 

Boob
    Participant
    ya usher does it

User Detail :  

Name : Boob, City : Sohcahtoa, State : WY Country : The Netherlands, 

Some-young-guy
    Participant
    First, the ladies love it. Second, name brands are fun to show off; it's a bit of a competition in that sense. And lastly it's comfortable, just like the oversized pants or shorts. It is most seen in basketball courts were t-shirts are optional and shorts are snug at the waist, which keeps them from falling off.

User Detail :  

Name : Some-young-guy, Gender : M, City : Miami, State : FL Country : United States, 

J21167
    Participant
    Most guys just think it looks cool. Many girls like the Abercrombie models who pose in their boxers. Maybe the guys want that sexy feeling, too. They all wear their boxers so the brand names are visible and most the time it's American Eagle or Abercrombie and Fitch.

User Detail :  

Name : J21167, City : St. Charles, State : IL Country : United States, 

Adam21461
    Participant
    This insidious behaviour, like anything else has reared its ugly head after fifty or so years. I have been told that it started in prison, when someone wanted to 'invite' someone else. Of course, those on sociopathic videos do it and the youth of course want to imitate. A problem that the 'Black Leadership' can't seem to find enough time to talk about. And if Bill Cosby brings it up..then he's just out of touch and being classist.

User Detail :  

Name : Adam21461, Gender : M, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

therocdoc24752
    Participant
    This goes back to break dancing. Clothing needed to be loose for the best effect. However underpants needed to be up and tight to support their chestnuts lest they get caught in loose clothing and painfully wrung!

User Detail :  

Name : therocdoc24752, City : Aurora, State : CO Country : United States, 

Anna21061
    Participant
    I think it is that most guys think it is 'sexy' to show your boxer or whatever they might be wearing at the time -- just enough for someone to ask what on them or what color. So in other words to get the girls.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna21061, Gender : F, Age : 15, City : Magnolia, State : TX Country : United States, 

Rob S.
    Look back to the late 80,s or 70,s, when nearly all pro wrestlers wore tights or trunks. And a lot of them were not cut up. If you wear the waist band high, it hides a fairly fatty waist, so you look more mean. But with trunks it looked stupid, it looked as if the wrestlers were wearing 'Grandad pants',tights,it didnt look so bad. Do these kids wear jeans when they have the underwear waistband high?. Jeans dont hug the waist as well as tracksuit trousers or Gym trousers. So the underwear would compensate for that. I am fairly broad, but aint cut up much, If I went bare topped in the summer,and had jeans on my legs, I would do the same.

User Detail :  

Name : Rob S., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : Poole, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : na, 

Cheston
    The main reason is the same reason young men do anything - SEX - don't fool yourself, there is no other reason. We have this idea that when women see part of your underwear, they want to find out what's inside it. Much in the same way men think when we see a woman's underwear. The funny thing is that now the younger generation of up and coming full-fledged horndogs don't show their underwear band, they just don't put them on and show just as low. I don't get that, I mean they did merely take it a step further than when I was 18, but now you see 18 and 19 year old groups of dudes walking around with no shirt on and their pubes hanging out the top of their jeans. (which on a funny side note, the style is starting to allow even the toughest guys to wear girls jeans, since I guess they couldn't get mens jeans tight and cut low enough. Theres a mental picture you don't want.)

User Detail :  

Name : Cheston, Gender : M, Age : 25, City : Fernandina Beach, State : FL Country : United States, 

Tamika
    Participant
    'Sagging' or wearing your pants sagging down your leg is just a way for young people to try to look cool, made popular by the hip hop culture. The look originated in prison, however, when homosexual inmates would wear thier pants low to 'advertise' their availability.

User Detail :  

Name : Tamika, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 34, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : technician, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.