Is it legal?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

jackie21212
    Participant
    thats queer u need a girl and stop chasing older men .in this state that is very illegal stop doin that ,and ur a idiot stop smoking that crack and lay off tha coc*. u sound like u need a real a55kicking u should be ashamed of urself 4 bein gay.thats a insult2 men everywere

User Detail :  

Name : jackie21212, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 56, City : new britain, State : CT Country : United States, Occupation : doctor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

GARY-S21765
    Participant
    FIRST YOUR TO YOUNG AND YOUR SO GAY THATS SO NASTY.YOU NEED TO GET A GIRL AND HAVE KIDS

User Detail :  

Name : GARY-S21765, City : MIDDLETOWN, State : CT Country : United States, 

Jess30775
    Participant
    At 16, you and are your lover are probably in the clear as far as legalities go. You are basically old enough, in the eyes of the government, to make choices about your sexuality. But some states do say that if a person is under 17 and having sex with a legal adult, that is considered statuatory rape. Add to that the fact that some states have these ridiculous, antiquated laws banning sexual relations between two people of the same sex, and there's always a little room for concern. Now, I don't think CA has laws like this on the books, and the truth is your lover would probably only get into trouble if one of your parents found out about the relationship and decided to press charges. That does happen with some frequency, though I think most judges are throwing those kinds of cases out. In the end, you wouldn't be in any trouble--your lover is the one who would face criminal charges should anyone decide to pursue that route. You might consider just calling a lawyer and asking some questions about some specific laws in your area. Your conversation would be free, by the way, if that's added incentive.

User Detail :  

Name : Jess30775, City : St. Louis, State : MO Country : United States, 

LW
    Participant
    Danny, in short: no law prevents you from dating a man, but it is unlawful for any adult to have sex with you until you turn 18. In California, the rules for what constitutes unlawful sexual intercourse are the same for all sexual orientations. It is unlawful for adults to have sexual intercourse with partners under 18. In principle, your 25-year old boyfriend could be fined or sent to jail for having intercourse with you now. (I am not sure what the legal consequences could be for you). But not every case of this type that comes before the court is prosecuted, and I assume and hope (but do not know for sure) that the courts have better things to do than be harsh with young couples who have consensual sex. Be aware that in America, different states have different laws. In some states, to my big great horror, lesbian and gay sex is illegal. Check out these links: For international/national comparison: http://www.ageofconsent.com/ageofconsent.htm For California law: http://www.ageofconsent.com/california.htm

User Detail :  

Name : LW, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 30, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, 

Tony C.
    I am a thirty two year old gay male living with an eighteen year old. We got together when he was sixteen. The law in Florida is that if your parents are o.k. with it and have knowledge then there are no laws being broken. However, if your parents should decide they don't like this situation or the guy, they can cause him real problems. You need to see about becoming emancipated if you wish to continue seeing him and don't want to risk someone getting in trouble.

User Detail :  

Name : Tony C., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 32, City : Flagler Beach, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : prod., Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Yes, there is a way. Just be friends with him but don't do anything with him or someone will be going to jail.

User Detail :  

Name : Christ-to-da-Mist32220, City : detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.