How do gay men handle it?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

April
    Participant
    If I had anal sex night after night, it seems like my buttocks would hurt like hell. How do gay men keep their bowels from just falling out? Doesn't that area lose all elasticity after awhile? Sorry to be gross, I just want to know.

User Detail :  

Name : April, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 24, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Daniel
    Participant
    Well, unlike the stereotype, not all gay men do not have anal sex every single day. But there are some who reflect the stereotype and do so. I've heard stories of men who have taken it in the rear several times a day for many years. as a result, the anus does lose its elasticity and have to stick tampons up their anus to keep their feces from falling out.

User Detail :  

Name : Daniel, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 24, City : Queens, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Reporter, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Shawn
    Participant
    I have OFTEN wondered the same thing!! I'd ask my gay cousin, but I would probably never be able to muster up the courage!!!

User Detail :  

Name : Shawn, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Mike
    Participant
    April: A good lubrication, such as KY Jelly or any other quality water-based gel (not petroleum-based! - too messy and can destroy a condum) is a must for anal sex. Since we're talking about an exit that was never meant to be used as an entrance, hemoroid flare-ups are probably the most common problem associated with repeated anal sex. This is the biggest problem I hear about from my many gay friends who consider themselves 'bottoms'. Not once have I heard any of them complain about loss of elasticity (a problem that could be easily taken care of by doing Kegels).

User Detail :  

Name : Mike, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 42, City : Ben Lomand, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mark Bentley
    Participant
    I agree - if I had anal sex night after night my butt would hurt way worse than hell! Not too many of us have unrestricted anal sex that often. As far as getting stretched out, well, not all that many guys have enough equipment to really cause a problem, if you get my drift. Oh yeah, some do, and indeed they cause after effects, but that goes away in a day or so. Of course, this is from an every-now-and-then recipient of anal sex. You will probably get a different answer from someone that is a little more aggressive in that area!

User Detail :  

Name : Mark Bentley, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : UFMCC - Cathedral of Hope, Age : 39, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Financial analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

James D.
    1) Gay men do not necessarily have anal sex, and if they do they likely don't have it 'night after night' any more than a woman who has sex is likely to have vaginal sex 'night after night.' 2) Anal sex for men stimulates the prostate gland and therefore can be pleasureable. Even some straight men enjoy this stimulation. 3) Assuming you regularly have bowel movements, you yourself are already using that area of your body daily without harming yourself. 4) You are guessing that your 'bowels would hurt like hell' based on your impression of what anal sex is like, and not on the facts. It is no big deal to learn to relax the sphincter, which is just a muscle. Regularly relaxing it does not loosen the sphincter muscle any more than having bowel movements every day for 80 years does. People who regularly engage in anal sex are not scared of it, do not tense up before doing it, and in general have a better awareness of that area than people who don't have anal sex. The popular phrase 'it's an exit not an entrance' is funny, but doesn't really describe the facts; the sphincter muscle doesn't care if it opens in response to pressure from the outside or pressure from the inside. To prove this, consider infants when they are given anal medication or laxatives: there is virtually no discomfort, simply because they have not yet learned to fear or tense up when someone approaches their anus.

User Detail :  

Name : James D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 47, City : Summit, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

JT21137
    Participant
    First, we have to clarify that there are men and women, straight and gay, who enjoy anal sex. However taboo it may seem, the rim of the anus is full of nerve endings and very sensitive, and, with a very private location, serves well as an erogenous zone. We know the vagina is an amazingly elastic organ specially designed for penetration (and childbirth), and men have no such organ designated for penetration, so we can assume that gay men with the desire to be penetrated are using their anuses as a vagina substitute (you can't fit one penis inside another!) I find pleasure in being penetrated because I am mentally and emotionally stimulated by giving myself over to a partner; it's a submission issue for me. After a little practice and learning how to relax the sphincter muscles, being penetrated became tolerable, and then enjoyable (there's a prostate gland in there that is very sensitive to stimulation; almost a man's G-spot). This enjoyment did not happen for me overnight, but I've been active for about 15 years, and suffered very rarely from overstretching (resulting in very slight tears of the anal tissue) or hemorrhoids (from overexertion of the muscles), which are easily medicated. I find no change in my bowel function; the anus must be more elastic than we think.

I am very content with the activities I've chosen, but it's certainly not for everyone (many gay men choose to never be penetrated). If you find such activity painful or intolerable, refuse to do it. There are plenty of other ways to find enjoyment with your partner.

User Detail :  

Name : JT21137, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : York, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

PaleRider19852
    Participant
    Don't you worry about one day being incontinent of your feces? I know that happens after no anal sex to many elderly people, and I would think that after much anal sex all those years, it would increase the probability.

User Detail :  

Name : PaleRider19852, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Not answered, Disability : Not answered, Race : Not answered, Religion : Methodist, City : Newyork, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Evil
    Participant
    Just because a man is gay does not mean he has anal sex night after night . Excuse my graphic response , but it goes with the nature of the question , but ...... don't you ever crap ? and , isn't it ever the size of a penis ???? do the math sweetie !!

User Detail :  

Name : Evil, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Treyfe
    I can't seem to say this enough: ANAL SEX NEVER HAS TO HURT. If you don't like the discomfort, it's easily avoided. Take it slow slow slow, starting off with fingers, and TOO MUCH LUBE IS PROBABLY NOT ENOUGH. Use the whole bottle if you have to. And it's a good idea to make sure you're, ah, 'empty' before the proceedings. Also, like J.T. said, a lot of gay men (SWEAR TO GOD) don't like anal sex. It's funny how confused and incredulous some folks are when told that. 'But..then...how...duh?'

User Detail :  

Name : Treyfe, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Atheist, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, 

Stephanie
    Participant
    The anus isn't just 'elastic'--there are sphincter muscles (muscles that act like a rubber band of muscle) down there to hold everything in. Just like our leg or tongue muscles, the sphincter muscles (there are actually two of them in the anus) are very strong, and although you can get them 'acclimated' to anal penetration, they will seldom get 'stretched out' like, say, a vagina after pregnancy (although even that idea is somewhat of a myth.) Of course, you can tear that muscle with extreme strain, but that's pretty rare, I think. People who do want their sphincter muscles to get tightened up again after years of sexual activity (or, after pregnancy, which can injure a woman's muscles & nerves in that area) can use Kegel exercises for that. For the record, I am a queer (lesbian/bisexual) woman who likes being anally penetrated on occasion, too. I have to be in the right mood, but when it's good... oh, it's so good.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 23, City : Norman, State : OK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Charles32255
    Participant
    Despite any homophobic 'exit only' clap-trap, the medical fact remains - the anus is one of the body's most resilient areas, and with good reason. Regardless of exactly what goes through the rectum, whether it's feces or phallus, it's a high-traffic area. Consider the fact that of all the popular orifices for sex, the anus is the only one that's actually biologically intended to seal itself.

User Detail :  

Name : Charles32255, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 24, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Architect, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Samantha
    Anal sex is an acquired skill - and an acquired pleasure. As a very experienced straight female, I can tell you that a lot of guys don't have the faintest idea of how to go about making it pleasurable - or even tolerable - for the woman! There are two parts to this: absurd amounts of water based lube, both on his tool and in your bum, and patience. It may take as long as 15 minutes just to get the head in if you are new to this. It helps a lot if the woman is aroused, relaxed, and confident that her partner is concerned about her comfort. Some men seem to think that they can just plunge in there like they do with the vagina, but that is very painful and likely to turn the woman off anal for good. I know that I really enjoy anal sex now, but my first few experiences were painful, embarrassing, and pretty much unsuccessful. I frequently ask for it now because I have amazingly intense orgasms during anal sex, especially if I masturbate at the same time. I'm glad I took the time how to 'do Greek' the right way, as my partner and I both like it as a change of pace. And it does get easier with practice. To answer your question, I've never had any problems like soreness, looseness of the anus, or sore buttocks even after long nights of exclusively anal or DP. Maybe that's just me but I think it's normal.

User Detail :  

Name : Samantha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 36, City : Woodstock, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Secretary, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.