Goths all the same?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Jordan28576
    Participant
    'Goths,' whether called such accurately or not, are actually very diverse when seen in the right settings. While in high schools you generally only get kids who listen to metal, 'mope rock' and industrial and such (and this reflects in the clothes that they wear), other places where goths are much more prolific show a bigger diversity. You can have the deathrockers, cyber goths, period goths, etc., etc.... Getting to know the right goths before passing judgment shows how different they can be.

User Detail :  

Name : Jordan28576, Gender : M, Age : 15, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Blair28648
    Participant
    Neither do I. Right now, the current 'different' trend is 'scene'. Being a 'scenester' often includes wearing heavy eyeliner, bright mis-matched clothes, tight jeans, a head full of choppy dyed hair, and liking unsigned bands. Anywho, the point is, trends come and go. I've watched people at my school go from normal kids to 'goth' or 'scene' or 'punk' because they want to stand out. Their attempt is unsuccessful, and I find that if you truly want to be different, you have got to act, like, yourself, no matter how cheesy it sounds.

User Detail :  

Name : Blair28648, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 14, City : Alexandria, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

JaredW.
    So many who are part of sub-cultures such as goth say they are trying to be different, but unfortunately all they are doing is putting on a "uniform". People who are trying hard to be different fail to realize that everyone is different, but they see people in categories and only that. They therefore try to be as far away from that as they can and call it being different. I used to feel that same way when I was in high school about so called "preps" until you look closely at your own group and realize you are all different as well. When you start seeing that everyone fits into multiple groups, you will realize that every is different from everyone and no one has to try to do as such.

User Detail :  

Name : JaredW., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 26, City : Robesonia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Cook, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.