Gays Geting Married

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Christen
    Why do people think that gays should not get married or do you think that it should be law that anyone should be able get married? Why or why not?

User Detail :  

Name : Christen, City : Mallory, State : NY Country : United States, 

KaraH
    I want the right to inherit or have my partner inherit without two thousand dollars in legal bills to set up a complicated trust so she would inherit. I want to be able to put her on my insurance. I want to not be thrown out of the ICU when her "real family" shows up after a car wreck. That happened to me in Austin TX in 1999. I want our children to have the security of two legal parents. Kara H

User Detail :  

Name : KaraH, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 51, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

RachelHall
    I feel that if you want to get married you should be able to. The only problem I have with either gay men or lesbians is when and I have had this happen, they try to project themselves onto you. I am 100% fine with a gay couple or lesbian couple, just please please please don't pressure me to be. This happened when I was in high school, so maybe being young and not understanding yourself, your body your sexual orientation completely leads to this I don't know. I wish everyone a happy life no matter who they love. What is life if you don't have the love of someone no matter if they are the same sex or not. I think people need to just get over it and move on. This is the twenty-first century and all. Hope this helps!! Rachel Hall

User Detail :  

Name : RachelHall, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Flint, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

ErinJ
    Participant
    I think any consenting adult who wants to get married should be able to regardless of sex. It's a right afforded to everyone in this country except same-sex couples, and marriage has never been defined as "one man, one woman" in this country. We are a nation of separation and church and state, and on a civil, secular level, it is unconstitutional to deny rights based on sexual orientation.

User Detail :  

Name : ErinJ, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 18, City : Skokie, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Who cares? Gays should be allowed to give all their money to lawyers in messy divorces just like everyone else. My question is that if gay marrage is legal, would churches be obligated and forced to do gay marrages? That said, you know the next step is 'Gays should be allowed equil consideration for adoption', or 'Affermitive action for gay adoption'. You know it is going there next. My major objection.

User Detail :  

Name : GuyGuyerson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : self employed construction, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

ShainaS
    Participant
    I think everyone has a right to be married. Gay, straight, bi, trans gender. Who are we to decide who gets to marry and be happy.

User Detail :  

Name : ShainaS, Gender : Female, Race : Indian, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, 

Dot
    Participant
    I know three gay couples with adopted children. I don't understand why anyone has an issue with this. And as for Affirmative Action, gays should be afforded the same treatment as Jews, Asians and other disproportionately successful and well educated minorities. Since they are statistically higher earners than the norm, they won't need any special assistance.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ErnieH
    Participant
    The Bible says homosexuality is a sin, so you have people saying homosexuals shouldn't get married. But lying is also a sin. Liars still get married. Stealing is a sin. Thieves get married. We as Christians should not be about the business of deciding which sinners to chastise. We shouldn't judge anyone at all. Period. If I am a true Christian, I should treat everyone equally, even if they don't interpret the Bible like I do.

User Detail :  

Name : ErnieH, Gender : Female, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 35, City : Warner Robins, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : personal trainer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

BenW
    Participant
    Opponents of gay marriage have a wide range of complaints. Which while I respect and understand, feel should not be allowed to hold the rest of us back in the 15th Century. In general these vary from a strict religious belief arising from the Bible's objection to homosexuality in general. Others have no problem with gay marriage beyond the use of the word 'marriage' which they believe legally defines a union between a man or a woman.

User Detail :  

Name : BenW, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Stand up Comedian, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.