Foreign cars with American flag stickers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

L.M.
    Why do so many people who buy a foreign car end up putting an American flag sticker (or 'God Bless America', etc.) on their car? It makes no difference if it's an American-made foreign car, the profits still go outside the country. Do they feel guilty about not supporting the American economy? It's not as common on American made, American owned cars. Why is this?

User Detail :  

Name : L.M., City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 

Andy
    Participant
    Good luck finding any car manufactured 100 percent in the good ol' USA.

User Detail :  

Name : Andy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United Kingdom, 

Gary19580
    Participant
    It's because of the stupidity of the American people. Selfishness, ignorance, stupidity; that is what the majority of the population here in America is propelled by.

User Detail :  

Name : Gary19580, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 47, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : RN, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Dan
    Participant
    I would say that most americans buy a cheap foreign car and put a american flag on it just to support their country. most american cars are not completely 'american' anyways, they get parts from all over the place..

User Detail :  

Name : Dan, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 17, City : Middletown, State : CT Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Andy
    Participant
    Our society does not care who makes the product as long as we can buy it. The number one American flag manufacture in the world is Japan, but yet we continuously purchase American flags. The majority of American tax returns are processed in India, but yet we continue to file our taxes and put an Indian in charge of American tax dollars.

User Detail :  

Name : Andy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 22, City : Moorhead, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Brendan M.
    Participant
    You seem to assume that it isn't possible both to support the United States and to buy a foreign car. It is possible. Furthermore, I wouldn't buy an American car just to support the American economy; I would buy the best car for my money, regardless of where it is from or where the money goes, and feel zero guilt. As for your observation that the American flag stickers are more common on import cars -- it may just be that you notice them more on non-American cars.

User Detail :  

Name : Brendan M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 19, City : Seattle, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

B. Wilson
    Participant
    Just because a person buys a foreign car does not mean they are less patriotic. American car companies have been behind when it comes to providing the American public what they want. The American people are telling car makers to make changes. The problem here is that American car companies aren't listening. You asked why there are less stickers on American made cars? Perhaps it is because the people who buy American made cars think they are giving back enough by buying American. On the other side, people that buy foreign care more about the country because they are buying vehicles that are more fuel efficient, require less maintenance, and are better for the environment.

User Detail :  

Name : B. Wilson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 35, City : LaCrosse, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Consultant, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Rochelle
    Participant
    Japanese cars are more reliable than most American cars. This is verifiable fact. Buying an inferior car because the company is American is not only unintelligent, it's unpatriotic because it doesn't push American companies to make better products.

User Detail :  

Name : Rochelle, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, City : Williston, State : ND Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Chris
    You might be surprised to find out how many 'foreign' cars like the Toyota Camry, BMW X5/X3 among many other are made here. Also, why on Earth do you think that corporations based in this country are more on your side than those based on other countries. If Ford, GM, and Chrysler are somehow looking out for you, why would they take their manufacturing plants to Mexico and Canada? Why won't they, or can't they match the quality of foreign makes? If you think that because a company is based in the US, that then it is good for, and a friend of the U.S...you've got a lot of homework to catch up on. If I have 25k to spend on something to get to and from work, and cart my family around, am I going to pay Ford, who is falling behind in sales, while leading in recalls and class action lawsuits? Why would you buy an inferior product from a company for whom corporate welfare guarantees when there are better options?

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 37, City : Long Beach, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Med. Tech/Mgr, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

DanielPfalmer
    Participant
    I would do that because I don't care where the corporate executives live. I don't care if it's American or Japanese or German people getting disgustingly rich. Their job is to maximize profits. If they do something that intentionally makes the company lose money, like give to charity, they can be sued. Why do you care so much about the top 1%? They don't care about you. And since nearly every car company is a corporation (with a few small exception like Aston Martin) the profits go wherever the shareholders live, which is the whole world. It's not like Ford only lets Americans buy stock. Thinking that American companies keep all their money in America and Japanese companies keep all their money in Japan etc. is an antiquated way of thinking that doesn't apply to corporations. I

User Detail :  

Name : DanielPfalmer, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 22, City : Fairbanks, State : AK Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.