Fascination with periods

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Ben-M
    Participant
    One night with my girlfriend, when I came back from a three-week seminar, we went to bed early and started to get into some foreplay ... We were both turned right on. As usual, I did what I always do in such cases: performed oral sex. On that particular night, I was turned on like crazy by the pleasant, musky smell her private parts had to offer. Suddenly I realized that the taste was different, too, and ... there was a lot more in terms of quantity of fluid and quality of what it usually tasted like. It was like a mixture of the tastes of blood, iron and of what she usually smelled, yet stronger. Neither one of us knew she was having her period - except that after a couple of minutes, I knew... And you know something, I liked it so much I never told her what was happening down there. I told her only the next morning, when she went back from the bathroom saying, 'You must have triggered my mense again.' Hee hee hee ... I swear I loved it like a fool.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben-M, Gender : M, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Sarah-C
    Participant
    I was 11, actually...and very surprised that it happened to me so soon. It's annoying, especially because I don't plan on having children, but it's there, and it's just another thing to cope with. No big deal, same with clipping your toenails and taking care of zits. LOL :-)

User Detail :  

Name : Sarah-C, Gender : F, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 23, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : grocery store signage clerk, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

SkyWeaver
    Participant
    I like my period and feel that the way a woman feels about it probably dictates the way her body 'feels' about it. I have always had 'easy' periods, and now that I am getting older, the only change I see is that my periods are getting shorter. They have always made me feel more 'womanly,' if that is possible. One of the most gentle men I have ever known was fasinated with women and their periods also. We would talk about it sometimes (the only man I have ever known who wanted to know). I miss that.

User Detail :  

Name : SkyWeaver, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Humanist, Age : 45, City : Chattanooga, State : TN Country : United States, Occupation : food and beverage worker, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jennie31024
    Participant
    I love my period, even though it sometimes hurts, and I'll miss it when I have my menopause. I like the way it's so mysterious - matching up with other women's if they're together long enough (how DOES that happen?); having the same cycle, time-wise, as the moon (how weird is that?); and being so dramatically bloody when there's nothing wrong, no wound. Despite the cramps and messiness, I'm still always a bit wowed when my period comes - it looks so rich, and it reminds me how clever and complex nature is and how glad I am that I was born a female.

As for the guy who asked this question - you sound great to me, as though you can really face what a woman might be rather than the millions of fabricated versions that pass for reality and make us feel like crap about ourselves. Good on you.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennie31024, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 39, City : Aberdeen, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

Gabrielle
    Participant
    Just like a lot of women and girls, I am not too fond of my periods when they come, and although I don't get cramps, I suffer from shocking PMS and am prone to sore throats and ear aches, headaches, etc. I also find that I am extremely emotionally sensitive, which, as a creative person, can often be a great thing for me. While I am having my period I often find that I am overly self-conscious of myself, the odor and finding stains on my underwear, clothing or bedsheets. My ex-girlfriend and I also found that during the week before our periods, we were extremely sensitive sexually and much more sexually expressive.

I don't recall my first period because I was aware early on what they were and have grown up in an environmentin which we have always talked openly about periods, and I don't hesitate to talk about it with friends or family, male or female. While I don't exactly enjoy the discomfort of my periods, I do recognize them as a wonderful thing and find a mysteriousness attached to them, the rhythm of the body, etc., and find many of the ancient rituals and myths concerning periods extremely fascinating.

User Detail :  

Name : Gabrielle, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 18, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, 

E
    Participant
    Women's bodies are beautiful and mysterious. Sometimes, we don't even understand ourselves. On that note, my attitude toward menstration differs with each month. I could do without the cramps (note to men: a lot of women will love you for hip/back massages during this time). Generally, I am amazed by menstration. At the risk of sounding too poetic, when I see my own blood, it reminds me of the gift that I am able to give birth. It can be very moving. On the other hand - it would be nice if it were easier to keep clean.

User Detail :  

Name : E, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : International Business, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Jimmy
    Participant
    I think the fascination with periods has to do with the fact that men cannot have them. It is this mysterious aspect that surrounds periods that attracts me to them - although I would not actually tell people about it because it is looked upon as being very gross.

User Detail :  

Name : Jimmy, Gender : M, City : Smith, State : WY Country : Canada, 

Beth23186
    Participant
    Are you saying you want your partner to perform oral sex on you while you're on your period? Sex, yes, but oral sex? That's just messy. I have no problem with my period and actually feel more sexually aroused during my cycle. My husband looks forward to those few days a month when he knows he'll get oral sex. The comparison between semen being swallowed by women and performing oral sex on a woman during a period is apples and oranges. A woman on her period has fluid everywhere, but a man's ejaculation is a one-time gush. No mess, no problems. And I dare you to find a man who doesn't like getting oral sex. Once a woman's lips land on the southern tip, they're putty in our hands!

User Detail :  

Name : Beth23186, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 34, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Journalist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Kristina26257
    Participant
    The actual period in itself is highly annoying to me, but I live with it, because what else can one do? It is a natural process put here for a divine reason. I don't understand this reason, and yes, sometimes I wonder if it's a curse, but then again, perhaps it's our cultural perception that makes us think it must be something so negative. In other so-called 'primitive' cultures, a woman's menstrual cycle is seen as a time of spiritual enlightment, and in some ways it is, but in modern society it is written off as 'PMS.' Yes, sometimes there is pain, etc. associated with it (although diet, stress, & other factors can make this worse), but the element of it that is ignored that is inherently powerful is how emotional a woman is. During my PMS, when I feel it is so much deeper and more from the heart then when I'm not on PMS. Before this has been in the more negative realm, because I would get severely depressed. However, after the sources of depression were eliminated, I began to feel happiness. And happiness during PMS is almost like a drug, it is just that powerful. Not to mention the heightened sense of spirituality and 'oneness' I feel to God. Sex feels better too. So, it is a mixture of both good and bad for me. The bad is being tired all the time, getting cramps, being 1,000 times hungrier than normal, and the bleeding (when it starts). But the good is a higher level of emotional well-being that allows me to be more expressive spiritually. As far as men, it has been my experience that I haven't really been treated any differently. If I am overly moody or something they would actually be more understanding. They don't want to have sex once the period starts, but I don't want it either because it's messy and it hurts (for me I get more sexual during PMS, right before it starts and less sexual once it starts).

User Detail :  

Name : Kristina26257, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Transcriber, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

PaleRider19855
    Participant
    Quite frankly, periods suck. The mood swings are awful and the water weight gain is miserable. The ambivalence is unpredictable. I am afraid that MURDER might be committed if it gets any worse. There is nothing wonderful about ones menses, except it means that probably, you aren't pregnant.

User Detail :  

Name : PaleRider19855, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Not answered, Disability : Not answered, Race : Not answered, Religion : Methodist, City : Newyork, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Keith26541
    Participant
    I used to be curious about menstruation as well. Then, as I got older, and started living with girlfriends, it really lost it's shadow of interest. It's a slightly gross thing that happens (like many bodily functions), but it's not overly disgusting or anything. Since it's natural, I fully accept it. Most women have an increased sex drive (unless they're cramping badly) when they are having their period. Therefore, if my partner is willing, I am okay with having intercourse with them while they are on their period. If you do this, dark towels help. The internal massage from sex actually relieves cramps for several hours on many women. This process, followed by making tea for your lover and massaging them, can be a sensual monthly event. As for being aroused by it, other than enjoying that I know my partner is likely more aroused than usual due to the hormones, I don't personally find menstruation to be a turn on. It's an interesting phenomenon that for me lost it's novelty with increased interaction with the female gender due to living with them. Most of my male friends that have lived with women have experienced a similar phenomenon, but some will still refuse to have sex while their partner is menstruating. As for the charge some present that men don't experience anything similar, erections can be annoying and can occur at any moment. While they don't last very long in contrast to periods, we have to deal with them on a daily basis. If a man is extremely aroused erections can even be painful. It is rare, but due to rubbing against clothing, sometimes erections can even lead to involuntary ejaculation. This has happened to me twice in my life. Men also have 28 day hormonal cycles, though they are nowhere nearly as profound as they are with women. I don't know if we have it even, ladies, but I'd say there are advantages and disadvantages to both genders. Periods sure don't sound like fun, so I'm glad I don't get them.

User Detail :  

Name : Keith26541, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, Age : 23, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : IT Consultant, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    Like another message I read, I too have from time to time had cramps that were so bad I vomited, felt dizzy, and had really bad chills and hot flashes. Despite this the feelings I have toward my period aren't really of dread and resentment. I look at it as one of the things that makes me female. I also find that I feel more sexual around that time. I wish my boyfriends were as fasinated with the whole issue as you are.In fact I find it a bit immature when they make comments of how 'icky' it is.

User Detail :  

Name : Vannessamariah24525, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 20, City : Fredericksburg, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.