Country boys, boots and big trucks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Heather
    Participant
    Why do country boys wear boots and drive big trucks?

User Detail :  

Name : Heather, Gender : F, City : Johnson City, State : TN Country : United States, 

John S.
    Participant
    Though I wouldn't consider myself a 'country boy,' I do encounter plenty of them everyday. In the country, the ruggedness offered by boots is often the more practical choice for certain kinds of work and/or play. Similarly, some types of work and/or play lend themselves better to a large, powerful truck. However, to be fair, many 'country boys' only wear boots and drive big trucks so they can uphold the 'country boy' image; in cases such as this, the boots and trucks usually have very little to do with utility.

User Detail :  

Name : John S., Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : 75% white, 25% Asian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 24, City : Lake Charles, State : LA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

JayC
    Participant
    My guess would be because they WANT to in most cases. There's nothing more comfortable than a good pair of cowboy boots or work boots. A good truck is a valuable tool, as well- a whole lot more versatile than some boring sedan, able to do many more things. Plus, a lot of us live on glorified cow paths that the county only calls "roads"- and they get muddy or even flood with startling regularity. There have been many times I could have never gotten to work in my little car, but my lifted bubba truck- a Jeep J10 pickup- had no trouble with the mud and water. Just some random thoughts...

User Detail :  

Name : JayC, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Methodist, Age : 48, City : Glen St Mary, State : FL Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : Dalmatian Rescue, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
    Because I work construction and have to haul stuff, need boots for work, have a horse and need to pull the trailer and need boots to ride, ride motorcycles and wear boots....a guy just gets used to mostly wearing boots. But also there is an expression....That guy is all hat and no horse. Some guys just wear the clothes and drive the trucks cause they want to adopt an image.

User Detail :  

Name : GuyGuyerson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 45, City : boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : self employed construction, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.