Choosing Jehovah’s way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

MAM22321
    Participant
    Our beliefs are based on a book that has not changed since it was completed almost 2,000 years ago. What has changed is man's ideas on various subjects. Just 200 years ago, it was considered good medical practice to cut a small hole in a person's foot and let the 'extra blood' seep out. The Bible's view on blood clearly showed that this practice was wrong, but those who disagreed with blood-letting at the time were considered superstitious fools. Now it is the norm to pump foreign blood into the human body. Granted, this practice is more medically founded, but it is just as much against Biblical principles as the other. After all is said and done, a doctor cannot guarantee that a blood transfusion recipient will live any more than he can guarantee that one who refuses a transfusion will die. The only one who can guarantee life is Jehovah God. I will always choose His way over a man's way.

User Detail :  

Name : MAM22321, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 26, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

Josh-M
    Participant
    'Any child who dishonors his mother or father shall surely be put to death' Levicus 18. Do we still follow this practice? According to the bible an 'unfertile' women is useless. According to the Bible we should give %10 of all our money and time every day or week. That means in total one should go to church 16.8 hours a week. According to the Bible anyone who divorces and marries again is in sin. Do we follow all these practices??? 'Surley i say to you the tax collectors and Prostitutes will inherit the Kingdom of GOD before you' Mat. 23:21

User Detail :  

Name : Josh-M, Gender : M, Age : 15, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 

aurora
    Participant
    Why do Jehovahs Witness's believe that Jesus was Michael the angel? It is not in scripture. Why dont you believe in the Holy Spirit? That is in scripture.

User Detail :  

Name : aurora, Gender : F, Age : 30, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Jade
    I'm catholic, and if need be i will have a blood transfussion to save my life. so when i go to heaven i will have lived my life to the fullest

User Detail :  

Name : Jade, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Spanish, Religion : Catholic, Age : 16, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Student, Social class : Upper class, 

Belinda23321
    Participant
    Which part of your spiel was a question? If you are wondering why people don't rely on text written 2000 years ago, it's because it's written 2000 years ago, and science has evolved to the point that we can be much more sure that taking blood will save you more than bleeding to death. To refuse blood is making a choice, just like taking the blood is. God gave you the choice to make, so you should make it.

User Detail :  

Name : Belinda23321, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, 

Carl19232
    Participant
    I'd like to answer your question. Could you please ask it?

User Detail :  

Name : Carl19232, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Unitarian, Age : 34, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Gonzo21526
    Participant
    Not everyone believes the 2000+ year old book you speak of as being factual. As many parts of the Bible were written after the supposed events (and not shortly after but centuries after!), there are manyof us who believe it is a great story but no more valid than the Greek and Roman stories of their Gods, or any other God/Godesses in fact. Playing the odds, I would trust modern medicine over prayer any day based on the fact that modern medicine has generally proven itself. And they have also proven some of the older practices have their uses as well. If you want to pray, do so. You want to refuse modern medicine, do so...your choice. Just don't declare it right for all....we make our own choices as well, and for many of us, our beliefs are so different that you may not understand.

User Detail :  

Name : Gonzo21526, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pagan, Age : 36, City : Denver, State : CO Country : United States, Occupation : Military, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Juno
    Participant
    an adage mostly founded on socio-economic reasons. Contrary to popular belief, the Good Book has changed an innumerable number of times. The Bible's kind of turned into one huge game of Telephone, in a way, and I think that many of the original meanings have changed or lost context over the hundreds of years.

Hey, my beliefs are based on the same book too, but it has to be understood that everything in it has to be viewed in a historical context - it might have been the Word of God, but it was written by Man (and put together by Man, as well - the Apocrypha, all the books that didn't get into the original version of the Bible, are an interesting read if you can find it), who is fundamentally flawed. That means that the true Christian scholar must differentiate between the Word of God, and the passages that are merely cultural anachronisms.

User Detail :  

Name : Juno, Gender : M, Race : Asian, Religion : Orthodox Christian, Age : 21, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

James D.
    Medical science uses facts, not faith, to make decisions. Just because science can't 'guarantee' that a given method will work (in reality there is no such thing as a 'guarantee') doesn't mean that that method is no better than any other method. Some methods are measurably better than others. By the way, as an adult you are entitled to rely on faith and deny yourself proper medical care based on religious beliefs, but I do not think you should be allowed to make those decisions for minors.

User Detail :  

Name : James D., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 47, City : Summit, State : NJ Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Amiable
    Participant
    The Jehovah's Witness religion is a joke. I was brought up and associated with the religion for 21 years, baptized for about 3 years. Yes, your right in that the bible doesn't change, hasn't changed...never will. And yes man has a way of changing there views. For example the 'faithful and discreet slave'...those men and women who are directing the religion. They are said to be delivering Jehovah God's message through holy spirit. And you believe that? If there delivering God's word, why do they get mixed messages from a perfect God? For example 1975 when JW's thought destruction was coming upon the earth. How 'probation' used to be a punishment allowed in the religion. Jehovah God wouldn't allow his religion to be mislead in such a way. As for the first two president's of the religion...including the FOUNDER,there teachings are no longer observed by JW...deemed false by what JW's call, 'New Light' or so called advances in the religion. Why would Jehovah God choose to leave his people in the dark for 2000 years, only to bring forth light in 1914? I believe a lot of things in life but I refuse to acknowledge the JW's as the right religion, the only way to happiness and every lasting life. It was all built on falsities and continues to be that way today.

User Detail :  

Name : Amiable, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 22, City : Pensacola, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : College Student (Criminal Justice), Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John29245
    Participant
    Was there a question in all that?

User Detail :  

Name : John29245, Gender : M, Age : 22, City : Springville, State : NY Country : United States, 

phillip30426
    Participant
    I wish I had your conviction and strength, but do not. I know I will pay for it too. I know I will.

User Detail :  

Name : phillip30426, City : orange city, State : FL Country : United States, 

Aupsto
    Participant
    Not to offend you because I chould see people post on this. Well im here. But personally im schocked that a fellow beliver whould come and post this. The socitey Advacatos us not to be posting on stuff like this because of the high Rate of Aposticay and people being sucked in. Trust me. there is not one person who reads this that hasn't been contacted thru the door to door work already.

User Detail :  

Name : Aupsto, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jehovahs Witness, Age : 18, City : Nowhere, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : Full Time Pioneer, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Johnny-walker
    Participant
    Its very easy to quote the Bible, we must all be careful of this. Jesus did everything on the cross and therefore all Blood, circumcision, kosher meat etc... doesnt mean a thing. If you are a Jehovahs witness please be careful. I use to go the the kingdom hall and had alot of unanswered questions. What do you think the 'mark of the beast' will be or is for that matter?

User Detail :  

Name : Johnny-walker, Gender : M, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : union, State : NA Country : United States, Occupation : tech, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Exton
    Participant
    Yours is not a question, but I shall respond anyhow. My only comment on the matter is on the Bible. You are mistaken about it's origins; the Bible has not only changed once, but many times since it's writing. It has been translated and rewritten again and again and again for 2000 years. The King James Bible, one the favorite version of many denominations, is the result of a complete retranslation...and in some cases, rewriting...ordered by King James. It was translated from Latin, which had been recopied thousands of times, and which was in fact yet another translation from the original Greek!Anyone who has played the game 'telephone' knows that happens to a message passed on many times over. And having read a few different versions of hte Bible myself, i can say that they each describe things quite differently from the others (although most of the same messages are still there).

User Detail :  

Name : Exton, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : nontheist, Age : 18, City : Medway, State : MA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.