Changing sexual orientation

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Vance
    Some people are bisexual and can decide to live as gay or straight. If one wants a family and can find someone of the opposite sex they are attracted to, are in love with and who loves them back, I see no reason why they should not pursue that relationship. However, anyone who is not going to be happy without emotional or physical contact with someone of their own sex should not marry someone of the opposite sex. It's not fair to experiment with someone else's life. I have heard people say they could decide to be straight. However, they should not assume the same of me or anyone else. It's pretty clear to me that they were either bisexual to begin with or are now pretending. Either way, they cannot and should not speak for everyone based on their experience.

User Detail :  

Name : Vance, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 35, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AJB
    Participant
    For starters, you're 15, and at that age you're not in the position to be so emphatic in your answer (even at 38 I'd think before making a statement like that unless I had real experience). Second, I'm gay, and believe me, it's not a choice; it develops as naturally as I assume your heterosexuality is galloping along. And finally, thanks for not wheeling out the ol' 'God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.'

User Detail :  

Name : AJB, Sexual Orientation : Gay, City : Melbourne, State : NA Country : Australia, 

yvette24336
    Participant
    personally i do believe that gay people choose the lifestyle,but gay people get discriminated against all the time. gay marriages aren't legal, gay men can't adopt children and i don't believe that anyone wants to be discriminated against.they just like being with the person they love,it is not a crime to be gay,even though they get treated like it most times.i have been in a relationship with another girl before and i told a few people in my family,and they reacted better than i expected.i'm involved with a wonderful man now and i admit that sometimes i still fantasize about being with another woman sometimes and i've gotten caught by my brother going to nude girls websites,and he says to me,amit that you're still gay,but i never do,and can anyone blame me for that what should i say.

User Detail :  

Name : yvette24336, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 21, City : marrieta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : unemployed, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Claire
    Right now I'm deep breathing in order to stop myself from swearing at you. Okay, done. Sure, I could have learned to be a lesbian from as early an age as, ooh, 5, but seeing as I didn't have any lesbian influences I fail to see how this is possible. I would just like to add that your views positively discust me and that I had imagined Australia to be far more accepting than what you, in your little point of view, have demonstated. I am utterly ashamed to be a fellow Australian to people like yourself, especially one nearly the same age as me in a generation which is generally thought of to be less prejudiced than those which have come before us.

User Detail :  

Name : Claire, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 16, City : sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Xande
    I always try to consider the source, and considering that you're 15, and you're also anonymous, there is absolutely NOTHING you can tell me, a 40 year old man, about whether my sexuality is a choice. By the way, God also said judge ye not, for you will be judged.

User Detail :  

Name : Xande, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : Black/African American, Age : 40, City : Milwaukee, State : WI Country : United States, Occupation : Medical Underwriter, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

PW30318
    Participant
    There has never been a single case, ever, of someone changing their sexual orientation. Not one. Many people have tried, though. It's not a choice.

User Detail :  

Name : PW30318, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : Sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : I.T., Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    There are a lot of materials by reputable scientists that indicate just the opposite. Differences in the size of the petuitary gland in gay men for example. But science asside, you will find that most gays and lesbians will tell you that it's by no means a choice, and many of them havn't had any exposure to the subject prior to finding out that they temselves were gay -- so it's not learned either. We don't choose to be attracted by the same sex, just as you don't choose to be attracted to the opposite sex. In a society that still to this day frowns on homosexual behavior -- in a society where being gay could cost you your family, friends, and career -- I find it surprising that people would assume it to be a choice.

User Detail :  

Name : Gregory Grondin, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 27, City : Saint John, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Software Developer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.