Catholic hypocrites

Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • Author

PB
    Participant
    I would like to expand on your question a bit, because it's always puzzled me too. I would like to include Christianity in general, however, not just the Catholic church. God is very clear as to what is right and wrong. Taking the life of the innocent is murder, and sex outside marriage is fornication or adultery. Both are clearly prohibited by God. God IS a loving God. Jesus died for our sins. However, because He sent his son to die for us, he obviously takes sin pretty seriously. If one doesn't want to accept this, why insist on being called Christian? Why is it so important to be affiliated with a church or faith that you don't agree with? This has always puzzled me. For people who feel this way, could you be more specific? I'd really like some input, because the churches deal with this all the time. Oddly, those who take the church the least seriously are the most easily offended by the church. Why would one care so much what the church thinks if you don't agree with their teachings? As John says, why not find a religion that they agree with?

User Detail :  

Name : PB, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, City : Appleton, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : agriculture, Education level : High School Diploma, 
Viewing 16 post (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.