Black men/white women: what’s the pull?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Raymond
    What is the attraction white women have for black men, and vice a versa for black men for white women? Is it all about sexual fantasies? What stops you from acting out the fantasy if that is what it is?

User Detail :  

Name : Raymond, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 37, City : Bayamon, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Actor-Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

LSD
    Participant
    I couldn't tell you, I don't fuck with them. However, one reason people suggest is 'white guilt' on apart of the white women, and 'payback' by black men. Now, I think these are horrible reasons to mate with someone, they are possible. Another reason, as far as fantasies are concerned, I think when we date outside the race, it has to do with stereotypes. 'I heard white girls give head', 'Black men have huge dicks' etc. However, I also think the Black man/white woman thing has financial motives as well. As far as OJ Simpson's, and others with a lot of money, many date white women because black woman are portrayed as money hungry, welfare, yadi yadi yadi, when in actuality, the only people that probably work harder than black women are immigrants, for real. www.geocities.com/islandboyentertainment

User Detail :  

Name : LSD, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 20, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Flag Burner, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

kristina
    just to let you know about a biracial couple: i am the third child of a black man and a white woman who have been married for twenty six-years. an attraction between a white woman and a black man have nothing to do with race and sexual fantacies..... its much more than that. i don't think that relationships based strictly on attractiveness and sex drive will last like my parents have. they last because they connect emotionally, mentally, they have stuff in common and they have a loving and supportive relationship. its like you're asking why should two people who are from different races like each other as if they would have nothing in common just because they don't look alike. this world would be so boring without diversity and interacial marriages. we should celebrate the fact that people can look different from eachother and are from different backgrounds and still find common ground and have respect for each other and long lasting relationships. please think about that. it irritates me that i have to sit here and defend my parents marriage

User Detail :  

Name : kristina, Gender : F, Age : 17, City : san francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Dee-Dee Hawkins
    Participant
    I myself am a 'white' woman whom recently began dating 'black' men. I believe that most white women/black men occurances in my area stem from the white females rebelling against their families when young. However, from the 'black' men that I have spoken to concerning this topic, they have stated that 'white' women tend to be a bit more leniant than 'black' woman, meaning they'll allow more room for imperfections in their relationships. In my experiences, there is just this silent smooth nature of a strong 'black' man that I have grown to fondly appreciate.

User Detail :  

Name : Dee-Dee Hawkins, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 22, City : Niagara Falls, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Miya
    Participant
    Some of the interracial relationships are built on preference, while others are built on sexual fantasies. I'm a black female and i don't have any problems with black men dating/marrying outside his race -- because i respect them, its none of my business, and black men aren't property. Everyone is free to date/marry whomever they please.

User Detail :  

Name : Miya, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Decatur, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

LSD22605
    Participant
    Confusion

User Detail :  

Name : LSD22605, Gender : M, Age : 20, City : Alameda, State : CA Country : United States, 

Susan B.
    Participant
    I'm a Caucasian woman who has long found Black men sexually attractive. I've wondered myself, why that is. I've known very few Black men, but those I have known have been attractive because of the color(s) of their skin; the richness of their voices; their scent, which seemed to be an integral part of them and an ability to move fluidly and gracefully. I'm fascinated and aesthetically pleased by the contrast between almost black, nearly purple, dark brown, red, rose and pale pink that comes into play in the combination of 'white' and 'black' bodies. There seems to be more music in their voices, whether the accent is Southern, urban Ebonics or one of the African languages. I don't know where the scent comes from, but I refuse to believe that skin color influences the choice of toilet articles across continents. That's a mystery. I like that. Fluid grace of movement is probably cultural. My experience is, as I said, limited. I had a chance to make the fantasy reality. I was stopped by a fear of being seen as the property of the Man. I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with his attraction to me, but there you have it. I wasn't going to risk being seen as anyone's property. I haven't had the opportunity since. That was way back when I was 18 or 19 and living in the U.S. I married a Dane when I was not quite 22. I've been divorced long enough now to start looking at men again. I think, since I'm living in Denmark, where interracial relationships are no big deal, unless one is a Muslim and the other is culturally Lutheran, I would take the opportunity today.

User Detail :  

Name : Susan B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 44, City : Nr. Broby, State : NA Country : Denmark, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jessica
    Participant
    In our society, we are taught (by mass media socialization/indoctrination) that the standards of beauty are Western European - fair skin, blond hair, blue eyes. Part of this is because the dominant culture in our society has historically been (and continues to be) Western European (or, in the vernacular, 'white'). (The sociological effects of this 'whitewashing', as it has been called, have been documented.) We are told that whiter is better; and so many darker people will try to make themselves lighter in the belief that they are making themselves more beautiful. This is one reason why black men tend to be attracted to white (or at least lighter-skinned) women, because they grew up with the notion that the lighter the woman, the more beautiful she must be. On the reverse side, white women may be attracted to black men because 1) it is 'new' and 'exotic', however odd or even inappropriate the description may be, and/or 2) out of racial self-loathing. I know that I myself have experienced a good number of years of self-loathing because I am (as I have come to feel about myself) an 'evil' white person, the progenitor of all things hateful and ugly in America. Whether these sentiments are rational or not (I believe now that they are not, and I am trying to overcome them), I have found myself desperately searching for a heritage to cling to as a means of separating myself from the stigma of being white (meaning that I should be perceived as being the reason that bad stuff happens to people who are not white); one such way in which I've done this is by discounting white men as possible dating partners. I think it is possible that some white women may date black men as a political statement, in the attempt to say, 'Look, I'm not racist, I'm dating a black man.' These are two theories. A third (and more likely) is that some white women have merely found the black men they've dated to be attractive individuals, for their personalities as well as their physical beauty. Of the 5 meaningful relationships I've had in my life, one was Italian, one was Scandinavian, two were Chinese, and one was Gujarati (a race of Indian). All five were attractive to me physically, of course, but ultimately it was their personalities that drew me into desiring relationships with them. The last one, the Indian, I actually fell in love with. Alas, it didn't work out, for reasons unrelated to race. Never once, though, did I consider that I loved him because he wasn't white.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White and Arab, Religion : Christian, Age : 24, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, lifeguard, swim instructor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Dee
    Participant
    I can only speak for myself. I am a white woman, who was married to a black man for almost 25 years. I dearly loved him. I was not attracted to black men. Of course, there are some people who have thing for others of a different race just because of the race. An ex boyfriend, who is white has a thing for Asian women, liking their petiteness, the infatuation of some of them for white men etc. Another, bi racial black/white, friend only likes non black men, probably because she was never exposed to black people growing up. In a black/white situation, there may be jungle fever going on for some, but I believe for the vast majority in relationships and marriages, they love the other person, who just happens to be of a different race.

User Detail :  

Name : Dee, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Mission Viejo, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Brandy19409
    Participant
    Love is the attraction. I'll admit sometimes black men treat white women like a trophy, but in most cases they love eachother.

User Detail :  

Name : Brandy19409, City : lexington, State : KY Country : United States, 

Jerome30947
    Participant
    I am a black man who has been in a relationship with just about every race of women. I have to say I'm most attracted to white women however. I find they have less attitude and are very goodlooking. I still think black women are equally beautiful though. Asian women as well.

User Detail :  

Name : Jerome30947, City : onatrio, State : CA Country : Canada, 

Sharon Fullwood
    Participant
    I have wonder myself about my attraction to black men.I am married to a Black man and I don't think the pull had anything to do with fantasy, maybe at the beginning curosity, since I was told from a very young age to stay away from black men. It may also have to do with not wanting the typical 'white southern lifestyle' as I seen it, you know, pickup trucks, hunting and country music, and I have always felt more 'at home' with black friends, more like I had something in common with them. Anyways this is just my feeling, maybe it helped you some, I am sure that other females and males have different reasons.

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon Fullwood, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : still deciding, Age : 30, City : Cordele, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : retail, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Carrie-Davis
    Participant
    It's not all about sexual fantasties. Isn't it possible for a White woman to find a Black man attractive, intelligent, fun to be around, and isn't it possible for a Black man to think the same thing about a White woman? Their reason for wanting to be together isn't necessarily racially based. Also, how would you know if they are 'acting out their fantasy'?

User Detail :  

Name : Carrie-Davis, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White and Black, Age : 22, City : Baltimore, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Diana
    Participant
    ok.. im white/native indian, and i have a black boyfriend and a mixed baby girl.. in my oppinion, most white women are curious as to wut it would be like with a black man.. (you kno there are good rumors about you black men) :).. but all in all.. it basically comes down to who you fall in love with.. i fell in love with my boyfriend and didnt see color, just personality, character... you kno? i mean.. there are women out there that i kno that are wanting to be with a black man just to have a mixed baby because they thing mixed children are the most beautiful children in the world.. i think that it is ridiculous some of the reasons white women go for black men as well as black men going for a white women.. i believe (in my case) it was all about my love for him...

User Detail :  

Name : Diana, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : white/native indian, Age : 19, City : Ocala, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

alex
    Participant
    I could not tell you from personal experience what the attraction is because I am neither a 'white' female or 'black' male, but I can name a few 'black' males who like to branch out from the 'black' woman, as well as some negative aspects like these men not being able to deal with the 'black womans attitude' (whatever that means). I personally do not have a problem with this (its probably a trend), just as long as either people remember their backgrounds, as well as their people.

User Detail :  

Name : alex, Gender : F, Race : *poweRpuFF greeN*, Age : 19, City : houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : *maDsCienTist*, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.