Black males’ fingernails

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Mary
    Participant
    Why does it seem that some black men grow their nails long?

User Detail :  

Name : Mary, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Caucasian, Religion : Former Catholic/Christian, Age : 35, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

anonymous23709
    Participant
    Often when men grow their nails out, especially if it is only one, it is to snort cocaine with.

User Detail :  

Name : anonymous23709, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 20, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Kayne26513
    Participant
    Blk men (well, many men, actually) grow their nails long to hold joints, blunts, and roaches w/o burning their fingertips. If they deny smoking, check out their lips: they'll be purple-ish or reddish.

User Detail :  

Name : Kayne26513, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 17, City : Norfolk, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Camille
    Participant
    I don't know about all men but my brothers do it sometimes because of the pimp theme. If u watch some old movies the pimps grow out ONE finger nail which is usually always the pinky.lol I think it's funny because my brother will trip if he breaks it, he'll take my nail glue glue it back and refuse to rip it off. But i've seen alot of white people do it too, they just to do it as being cool, they also like slit parts of their eye brow hairs off. It's all kinda cute if ya think about it.

User Detail :  

Name : Camille, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 18, City : Warren, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : College, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

D-Poet31797
    Participant
    First of all, i want you to know that no matter what color, gender or religion, we are all one thing. Human. So that is why you are My Sister. Your question is one that can be solved sinply by saying, it is the person my sister, not the race. To say all Black Men grow their fingernails longer is to say all White Women are named Mary from Columbus Ohio, Haha. My sister, it is the men that you see that have longer fingernails, not a whole race. No one human has seen every person of the same race to identify a common bond between all of them. What you are shwoing is stereotyping, and it is not your fault. Society has made people think that every race has their own place in life. So it is not your fault, just understand that the Black Men you see with long fingernails are the preferences of those Black Men. It is just a coincidence that they are all Black. Did you try to see if White Men have long fingernails as well? See, it is all a preference by the person, their personality. An entire race cannot be determined by a select few. Thank you for reading this and for asking a question in the first place. You dared to ask and you have your answer. I would like to know if i helped in any way, so if you have any spare time i would like to hear from you if it is no trouble. If it is then it is ok. Thakn you Mary, I hope i helped, Stay positive, and have a wonderful day. Thank You.

User Detail :  

Name : D-Poet31797, City : Everywhere, State : NA Country : Anywhere, 

David Rogers
    Participant
    Our bodies itch.

User Detail :  

Name : David Rogers, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, I don't consider myself black, Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 19, City : Upland, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Shana
    Participant
    yep!.ive noticed this too.doubt its anything to do with race.just laziness i guess!

User Detail :  

Name : Shana, Gender : F, Age : 22, City : midlands, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 

Deenie25812
    Participant
    All black men and boys I've seen, including my family, are just liek white men and boys. They bite their nails down so short you'd think they'd bleed.

User Detail :  

Name : Deenie25812, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 13, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.