Black, Blond and Blue-Eyed Italians

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Lindsey
    Darker Italians get their skin colour (as many southern Europeans did), from the Arabs. During the crusades, the Arabs mixed in with many Southern European countries, therefore their physical characteristics were obviously left behind and passed on.

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Race : Bi-racial (white/black), Age : 15, City : Hamilton, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Lindsey
    I didn't put this in my last post, but I also think that Italians (like most Europeans) don't consider themselves 'white', because white is more of a North American term than anything. Europeans more likely go by the terms slavic, latin, scandinavian, etc...

User Detail :  

Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Race : Bi-racial (white/black), Age : 15, City : Hamilton, Ontario, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Ron29667
    Participant
    Italians do have black blood. Of course Sicilians do as well. First, Berbers are mixture of many ethnic groups (vandal, greek, roman, black, arab, other germanic). Berbers have blonde hair - the ones who live by the coast. In addition, blacks in the Sahara before it was a desert interbred with immigrants who are the forefathers of modern day Berbers. Many wars took place among these immigrants and blacks. Genetic studies show that some Italians cluster more closely with Fulanis, Ethiopians and Mossi than other Europeans. Generally, White people do not have curly hair it is straight and when it is curly it is because of the expression of an admixture trait. Furthermore, the classical greeks cluster more closely with sub-saharan blacks than other mediterraneans. See genetic studies. Most legends and histories of Greeks and Romans claim ancestry from Africa. These claims a corroborated by genetic, anthropological, zoological, linguistic, archaelogical and historical evidence. The area around Lake Chad Northern Sudan, Abyssinian Highlands remains the predominant location for the first human activity. The ancients trace their heritage to these places and modern scientists trace humanity to these places as well. One must also understand that black are the most diverse of people on the planet. We include the shortest people (biaka) on earth and the tallest people (dinka and nuer) on earth. Thus, we have the genetic material to repopulate their earth in all its physical manifestations. To say that Italians do not have black blood is to say that ethiopians, somalians, tutsi, masaai, nubians, fulanis, mossi, malinke,dravidian and xhosa are not black. These populations do not have the proto-typical negroid features, but they even with their straight noses, thins lips and wavy hair are still black. This is only a partial response.

User Detail :  

Name : Ron29667, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Muslim, City : Inglewood, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : attorney, Social class : Middle class, 

matt-vanni
    Participant
    southern italians have been influenced by greeks and hordes of persians, carthaginians (not blacks in the majority) in the past (sicily especially) while the pre-latin inhabitants of the italian peninsula (the umbrians, ligurians, etc) were not latins per se, their language was not latin either, they were related to the greeks in some sort but were the true natural inhabitants of the peninsula, they were white skinned and had light/dark hair and brown eyes like most aegeans (greeks), the latinii (latins that settled later and founded rome) was a branch of a indo european group that entered from the northwest, being of celtic heritage, and admixed with the locals, italy is in many ways a melting pot like the US is. during its history it has been settled by many inhabitants.. and its mostly germanic in the north, after the settlement of the lombards (a germanic tribe) in the 'regione lombarda' province, hence the blue eyed blonde italians.. to the white caucausian in the center, but usually more common to find people with brown eyes (still 100% caucasian) to the darker tribes of the south, sicilians and insular peoples.. that had been admixed with other arabic nations in the past.. the country is in a whole considered latin. everyone is 'latin' regardless of the actual race, but the same language, and of course they're all considered white caucasians. with some exceptions in the south.

User Detail :  

Name : matt-vanni, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 26, City : bremerton,wa, State : WA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : 3d animator, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Alex29039
    Participant
    Jarrett, what a wild and interesting subject. I myself am half Sicilian on my father's side and most would say I look it. Neither me nor my relatives look Black at all. We do, however, look a little bit Middle Eastern(Arab). I have been told that I looked Syrian. One person even asked me if I was American Indian. Many Indians from North America have light skin, European-looking features with black hair, hence all the Greeks and Italians who played stereotypical 'Hollywood' Indians. Italians who have dark features are definitely the result of Arab admixture, not Black. Thus, are are many Italians who basically look like lighter-skinned Arabs on a more Caucasoid level. The reason being is that Arabs are Mediterranean Caucasoids. Also, I've even known many Italians(including Sicilians) with blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. Believe you me, I don't know of one Italian who doesn't consider himself white. From what I understand, the only people who woudn't consider Italians or other southern Europeans white are hardcore Neo-Nazis. This is definitely a very interesting subject. Thanks for your time.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex29039, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 18, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Alex29052
    Participant
    It seems that many people are fascinated by the ancestry of Italians. I am half Sicilian on my dad's side, with my mother's side a mix of German, Irish and Northern Italian. I resemble my dad's family in nearly every respect. I've got straight, dark brown/black hair, green eyes and a light olive complexion, along with a Roman nose and full lips. Italians are very diverse, but I'd have to say that all Italians should be considered Caucasian and don't have black blood. It's just that some look like the average white guy and others just look Mediterranean. Honestly, though, most Italians really aren't all that 'dark.' Of course, some Italians look somewhat Semitic, but I can tell you that they are in the minority and exist mainly in Sicily. Most Italians physically resemble other Europeans, moreso than Middle Easterners. Most people think I'm either Greek or Italian (stereotypically speaking, of course), with every now and then someone telling me I could 'pass' for Middle Eastern (usually Syrian). Because Sicily is where my family is from, I no doubt have a slightly Middle Eastern appearance. This is likely due to the Moors, who once ruled much of southern Europe, including Sicily and parts of Southern Italy. They were overwhelmingly Arabs and Berbers, with maybe a few blacks scattered around. On the other hand, if you were to visit Northern Italy, most people are really rather fair-skinned. Although real blondes (as in Swedish-looking) are very rare in Italy, light eyes are fairly common everywhere, even in Sicily.

To talk of differences among Italians in general terms, Northern Italians most closely resemble Frenchmen, whereas Southern ones look very much like Greeks, and in some cases, lighter-skinned Arabs. Most people consider Italians to be white, and I've really never met an Italian who didn't identify as white. The false notion that Italians (and Greeks, for that matter) have black blood is largely due to people's ignorance of North Africans. Many people equate African with black, which is perfectly understandable, but not entirely accurate because North Africans are of Arab/Berber stock and are regarded as Caucasian.

User Detail :  

Name : Alex29052, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 19, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

tatiana
    Participant
    But italians aren't white, they're italian. they're not black nor white, they're mulattos that speak a higher class of spanish, italian! so no italians i know dont claim to be white, victoria gotti claims to be ethnic not white. besides whites have no flavor and italians and other ethnic races do too.

User Detail :  

Name : tatiana, City : crystal, State : MN Country : United States, 

Dino
    Participant
    k, fist of all you have it all wrong...Its not supposedly, its proven in History that Italians have Black ansectery..excuse my typing becuase i cant type fast and well at the same time. I may not know to much about the History of the world, but since im Italian I do know that SOME Italians are VERY, ALMOST DIRECT decendents of Blacks (75% of these people are in the more Southern part of Italy)...K now that we estalished that, I would also like to say for anyone who has ever been to Italy (both North and South)..thiere is CLEARLY a BIG DIFFRENCE. People in Northern Italy look down on the South, an publcly make remarks like.. 'AFRICA STARTS AT ROME'....'SOUTHERN ITALIANDS ARE HALF NIGGERS'....'REMEMBER,,,IM NORTHERN ITALIAN NOT SOUTHERN'......People from the North side often cal Southern Italians half-niggers, clearly thiere is anofe of a diffrence to cause racism of each other in the SAME COUNTRY(wich by the way is only as big as some U.S.A. states). In the South there is more poverty SATISTICKYL, more Violence STATISTICKLY, more jobless men STATISTICKLY, and a skin diffrens, oviously to anyone who has ever been to both sides of Italy... And by the way the mafia is ONLY in the SOUTH of ITALY not in the NORTH,, becuase it was so poor in the south they cam to America, so the sterotype Italian is from the south. (during immigration times about 17 out of 20 Italian immigrants were from the South) and only latter did Northern Italy came becuase thiere was no rush becuase thiere wasno poverty thiere.. i rest my case.

User Detail :  

Name : Dino, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

cheryl-schools
    Participant
    Hannibal and his forces (soldiers) occupied Italy for 13 years, you don't think they mixed and mingled? What man or men will occupy or live in a place for 13 years and not indulge. Get Real!!

User Detail :  

Name : cheryl-schools, City : Silver Spring, State : MD Country : United States, 

Dill
    Participant
    There are many Italians who have light skin and hair and just as many with a dark complextion and dark hair. I believe it just depends on the region in which your from. The closer to the sea you are, the chances are the darker you are. I am Italian-American and don't consider myself white. Italians are somewhere inbetween white and black. They're a seperate race.

User Detail :  

Name : Dill, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

Sascha-M
    Participant
    I happen to be Italian american. I have very dark hair, very dark eyes, and very dark skin. That does not mean that I have 'black blood' in me. I also think that by assuming this you have proven your ignorance.

User Detail :  

Name : Sascha-M, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Italian American, Religion : Catholic, City : logan, State : OH Country : United States, Social class : Upper class, 

matt-reyda
    Participant
    I would like to know the orgins of the italian people

User Detail :  

Name : matt-reyda, City : san diego, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.