American soldiers who marry Asian women – why?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Liz
    Participant
    Hoping someone can enlighten me a little bit on this subject. I live in an area with a huge military presence & have noticed the surprising frequency with which young American soldiers (regardless of race) stationed in Japan, Korea, the Phillipines, etc. marry women from those countries. Yet the reverse doesn't seem to occur with female American soldiers marrying Asian men. I've made tentative inquiries among friends in the military and their comments suggest that often the new brides are 'working girls' seeking wealthy American husbands. ('Wealthy' being a relative term, I guess!) Anyhow, that doesn't make sense to me considering American men don't often take American working girls home to meet the family. I'm just curious why male soldiers seem much more apt than female soldiers to marry someone of another race/culture, and particularly from Asian nations. Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

User Detail :  

Name : Liz, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 37, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.